HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Leaving on Friday for a long (5 day) weekend on the Shenandoah river with my family. They get to sleep in the cabin. I get to sleep in my HH and listen to the river run all night long. I just may never come back!

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Another night in my Hennsssy

Had a good night sleep last night in mine. First night in a hammock. It was wonderful. Just had to make some adjustments on what to lay on. It's hot here but still needed an extra layer underneath.

I hope to never have to sleep on the ground again. Back feels great.

Forgot to add that I have two more nights to go. Thinking about adding eye bolts in my house and make it full time.

*If* I need an intervention, it clearly won't come from this crowd. I am among like-minded friends!

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I can help you take a nap Managed to 'read the back of my eyelids' for about an hour this afternoon wrapped up in my HH!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Do yourself a favor and don't try any other hammocks. I was so happy in my HH Expedition for about a year. Then I started trying other hammocks, and it's been all downhill from there.

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    Dew has prevented me from going with the top off, but I do tend to pitch it pretty open to start off with, almost flat with a slight lean. I have some predetermined "oh crap" spots though, where if needed I can get out and repitch it within a few seconds. Nothing like that unexpected rainstorm blowing in to wake you up and make you move the tarp.
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Quote Originally Posted by Theosus View Post
    Dew has prevented me from going with the top off, but I do tend to pitch it pretty open to start off with, almost flat with a slight lean. I have some predetermined "oh crap" spots though, where if needed I can get out and repitch it within a few seconds. Nothing like that unexpected rainstorm blowing in to wake you up and make you move the tarp.
    Didn't note if you have the hex, or the standard ASYM tarp, but 'if' you have the ASYM, and you use trekking poles, there's a setup you can use to greatly speed up the conversion from "porch mode" (where you place the trekking poles under your tarp to hold it out) to "rain mode" (standard setup with the tarp tie outs pulled down low to keep the weather out).

I recenctly added tarp tensioners to my hex tarp, and in doing so actually set it up so that I adjust the tension on the lines from right by the tarp, rather than out at the stake.

The advantage to this is that it also makes it easy to stake out where I'd normally put the stakes for 'rain mode'...put the trekking poles in place, and tension down to the stakes from there.

If the weather comes in, just pull the pole out, and easily pull the tension tighter on the tie out until the tarp is pulled down for weather.

And you can do it from under the tarp, keeping dry if the weather has already hit.

Images
    Been sleepin in my HH for a week now. Vacation and everything! Every night is a bliss...even if i wake up early, i feel really at ease. Lovin it!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock - Dangerbird
    I bought my Explorer Asym in February and finally set it around the end of June on the front porch. I love it. Funny thing is, my lower back pain is gone (Woo Hoo) but as soon as I sleep in a b-e-d, it returns. So..... I'm in my hammock almost every night. I informed my wife that I will have to find a place to hang it indoors when it get cold again and it will not be in some storage room without windows. I have added an ENO DN to my daily EDC. I love it also. Perfect for "just in case" or taking a break in the middle of the day. BTW, I'm new to the forum and hanging.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Leaving on Friday for a long (5 day) weekend on the Shenandoah river with my family. They get to sleep in the cabin. I get to sleep in my HH and listen to the river run all night long. I just may never come back!
    Bet you had the best room in the house...uh well in the yard?
    Scott
    Herndon, VA
    (Looking for others to see how their setup works locally)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12