Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps
    I had the same dilemma btwn the Lynx and the Incubator for my WBRR. I ended up getting the Incubator because it has 900 fil vs 850 for the Lynx. They were roughly the same price. Also, 900 fil can be hard to come by at times at a reasonable price so I wanted to get one before there was a run/shortage.

I emailed HG and they told me they had a RR in the shop and verified that it fit. If you have any questions, I'd email the company. They are really nice people - both Warbonnet and HG.
    “I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dropped it carelessly, Ah! I didn't know, I held opportunity.” -Hazel Lee

Hammock
    WBBBXLC 1.7dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG All Around
    Suspension
    Straps and DUTCH
    I know it's probably not an option, but in the gun world we have a saying..."buy both!"

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WL - Tadpole
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver View Post
    I had the same dilemma btwn the Lynx and the Incubator for my WBRR. I ended up getting the Incubator because it has 900 fil vs 850 for the Lynx. They were roughly the same price. Also, 900 fil can be hard to come by at times at a reasonable price so I wanted to get one before there was a run/shortage.

I emailed HG and they told me they had a RR in the shop and verified that it fit. If you have any questions, I'd email the company. They are really nice people - both Warbonnet and HG.
    Good call on the 900 down ... wouldnt think 50 would make too much of a difference but it seems to be a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I know it's probably not an option, but in the gun world we have a saying..."buy both!"
    LOL! I wish I could

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I'm confused; do you want the underquilt for your WB Blackbird or do you want to buy a RidgeRunner as well?

If you want a full-length underquilt for the Blackbird, the Lynx is not for you. I had the same question and was told that it is too slim to fit on a gathered end hammock. So unless you want to get it in combination with the RidgeRunner, forget about it.

As far as full-length underquilts go, I only ever tried the HG Incubator. It works alright with the Blackbird. I had some sag issues, but HG uses a different suspension now. So this might have been fixed. I assume all full-length underquilts will be prone to sagging, simply due to the weight.

To throw another option out there: I just ordered a Wilderness Logics underquilt It's rated between 3-season and winter (10°F) which is what piqued my interest. I'm chronically cold, and I'm hoping this'll fix it.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WL - Tadpole
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Nope don't want to buy a ridge runner ... So I guess the lynx is out then.

Hmmm sagging would not be good if that's true. I want a nice snug fit on my UQ ... The one in shrugs video seems to fit very well on there with minimal sag

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    As far as I know, sag is an issue with all long underquilts. I fixed most of it with additional shock cords on the end (the Incubator comes with tabs fitted on both ends for that purpose). I also ordered some Dutch quilt hooks which will hopefully help.

Most other full-length underquilt users don't seem to have such a big problem with sag. I'm an extremely cold sleeper, so I guess I notice even small air pockets a lot more than others would.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WL - Tadpole
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    thanks, I guess I will work with the shock cord and possibly add more like shug mentioned in another post to tweak it some and work on getting the sag to a minimum

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123