WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Going DL, now which one, and why?

I've decided my addiction needs fed again, and its hungry for a DL WBBB. Maybe even a XLC? So that's decided, but there's 1.1, 1.1/1.9, 1.7, the 1.9 being a camo pattern I haven't seen. (Anybody have pics?) Looking for any advice from users as far as difference, positive, negative, either way. I'm 6' and about 240lbs if that helps any.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC dbl. 1.7, ENO Dblnst
    Tarp
    Superfly, MCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Zep/Incu/NewR/SSnv
    Suspension
    tree strap/whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugen View Post
    I've decided my addiction needs fed again, and its hungry for a DL WBBB. Maybe even a XLC? So that's decided, but there's 1.1, 1.1/1.9, 1.7, the 1.9 being a camo pattern I haven't seen. (Anybody have pics?) Looking for any advice from users as far as difference, positive, negative, either way. I'm 6' and about 240lbs if that helps any.
    I'm 6'2" and 240. I used an ENO Doublenest for the last couple of years with no complaints. This spring, I bought a WBBB XLC dbl. 1.7 and I LOVE it! I was going to go with the dbl. 1.1, but wanted the extra margin on weight capacity and decided on the 1.7. This hammock is noticeably more comfortable and roomy than my Doublenest.

Others have said it might take a little experimenting to get a comfortable hang, but I just hung it as WB recommends (foot end about a foot higher than the head end), got in, and was happy as can be.

I like camo too, but since the tarp and underquilt pretty much hide the hammock, I wasn't worried about the hammock being camo. (I do have a camo underquilt and camo Superfly tarp.)

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Take it easy,
    desmobob

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Going DL, now which one, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by desmobob View Post
    I'm 6'2" and 240. I used an ENO Doublenest for the last couple of years with no complaints. This spring, I bought a WBBB XLC dbl. 1.7 and I LOVE it! I was going to go with the dbl. 1.1, but wanted the extra margin on weight capacity and decided on the 1.7. This hammock is noticeably more comfortable and roomy than my Doublenest.

Others have said it might take a little experimenting to get a comfortable hang, but I just hung it as WB recommends (foot end about a foot higher than the head end), got in, and was happy as can be.

I like camo too, but since the tarp and underquilt pretty much hide the hammock, I wasn't worried about the hammock being camo. (I do have a camo underquilt and camo Superfly tarp.)

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Take it easy,
    desmobob
    Thanks, any problems with coverage with the super fly on the XLC? I was worried it might not be long enough.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Thanks, any problems with coverage with the super fly on the XLC? I was worried it might not be long enough.
    I have a superfly and XLC. Plenty of coverage for me.

At your height/size, I'd definitely recommend the XLC. The majority of users above about 5'10" find the extra length to be worth it.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC dbl. 1.7, ENO Dblnst
    Tarp
    Superfly, MCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Zep/Incu/NewR/SSnv
    Suspension
    tree strap/whoopie
    I haven't had the combo out in bad weather yet, but it seems like a great match-up. Since the Superfly has doors at both ends, I don't think a lot of excess coverage (length-wise) is necessary.

Take it easy,
    desmobob

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20°
    I'm a little taller than you and about the same weight. The XLC 1.1 DL is working well for my dimensions. I suspect I would've struggled with the regular size BB. I don't have a Superfly, but my Mamajamba is the same dimensions (no doors, but same length) and covers the hammock just fine.

• + New Posts