Keep Jarbidge or Incubator

Totally new to hammock camping. Just bought both a jarbidge UQ and Incubator 20* UQ for my Hennessy explorer. Figured I'd check them both out and keep whatever one I liked best. I plan to camp in temps from around 25deg - 70deg.

Both are fantastic pieces and I just can't seem to make up my mind which one to keep. I like the full coverage of the incubator so I don't have to deal with pads at all. On the other hand I really like the idea of the synthetic material in the Jarbidge for it's moisture restistance/quick drying. They are both very well made and the weight & pack size differences seem fairly negligable.

So I guess what I'm asking is this - since I can only afford to keep one, which would you experienced folks keep as your only UQ if you were me? Perhaps there are other pros and cons I should consider. Unfortunatly it's gonna be a while before I would be able to compare warmth. And yes, I woukld keep both if I could afford to

Thanks!

Banned
    Hammock
    warbonnet BB, dream hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly, edge
    Insulation
    AHE jarbidge, UGQ
    Suspension
    woopies
    yeah, you do have a hard choice to make. I owned a new river and loved it(money issues made me part with it ) I think either way you will be happy!

Images
    Note: The following is a complete LIE!

You'll hate the Incubator in the end and the folks at HG are hard to deal with. Cut your losses and sell me the Incubator for pennies on the dollar and I'll carry your burden for you....

Now, the TRUTH:

I love my Incubator, it is flexible in the wide temp range you mentioned and the folks at HG could not possibly be any better to deal with regardless of the issue. Still would love for you to sell me the Incubator for pennies on the dollar though. Just sayin'

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    WB straps
    I have the incubator and like it a lot. I am also looking to purchase a jarbidge for one of my kids, I've heard nothing but good things about it. I recommend you get your 50 post in so you can sell which ever one you choose.

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Keep the Jarbidge for warmer weather and use the incubator for the colder months.....problem solved
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ply View Post
    Keep the Jarbidge for warmer weather and use the incubator for the colder months.....problem solved
    Yup. Skip a couple meals out and the Jarbidge is paid for.

Thanks for the feedback! Thought about it, played around some more and I think I've finally decided the incubator is the one for me. I figure I can vent it in really hot weather and if it's really cold the full length might come in handy. Just discovered what someone meant about the 50 post rule. Suppose I could put up a bunch of usless posts but instead I'll try to find another outlet. Thanks again guys. Good to hear the incubator is well liked by you more knowledgable hammockers

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have both. Then again I use them on different hammocks. The JB is used on my Ridgerunner and my Incubator goes with everything else.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

• + New Posts