Tarp
    Cat cut tarp
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    Welcome Rylan
    I have heard quite a few of your podcasts. Sounds like you two have some fun.
    I hope you enjoy "hanging" out here.
    Gunn
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
    Winnie the Pooh

My Photo Album
    My youtube videos

Proud member since May 2007

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL 1.1 Marpat camo
    Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylan View Post
    Well I'm using the term "slept" pretty loosely. I really don't think I did much sleeping and when I did I was dreaming about laying in the hammock not being able to get to sleep. It was a very strange night. Not due to discomfort though, I loved hanging. I always have trouble sleeping on the trail on the first night.
    Welcome Rylan! I know exactly what you mean. I always have the same problem the first night out, and my first 2-3 nights in a hammock it felt really strange. Still takes me a night or two on a trip before I get acclimated again.

Welcome to the club!

--Kurt

Hammock
    ENO
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Snugfit Underquilt
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Hey Rylan! I'm new to this too and Saturday night was my first hammock experience. I had the best nights sleep that I've ever had outdoors! Welcome and happy hanging!

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Hey Rylan,
    I listened to the podcast on my way to work. You don't know how lucky you are to have Shug as a "hangin' mentor" (that's "hangin' " as in a hammock, not as in "by the neck", although hangin' out with Shug could get you in who knows what). Wow, that's a lot of hangin' in one sentence!

One of the first Shug videos I ever saw had a scene where Shug said hi to you and Golden will puffing on a cigar. Then I heard of y'all on ATHiking. It's good to come full circle to the origin of the myths... uhh, legends... uhh, podcast conversations. By the way, I grew up SW of Atlanta and visited the lovely Auburn area as a member of an opposing clan (Georgia Tech). Did y'all ever get your confusion over your mascot figured out? IIRC, you used to be the Plainsmen, the Tigers and the War Eagles all at the same time. I guess that pretty much has you prepared for about anything!

Love the podcast, thanks for brightening my day!
    JayS

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylan View Post
    Other Alabama folks: I'm in Auburn. I would say War Eagle but that's kinda embarrassing right now!

Shug: Watched your latest video on my iPhone today and hoped I would see you here!

Anyone nearby: Join Golden and myself every Thursday evening with a backpacking discussion and a cigar. We podcast it at SouthEasternBackpackers.com and are available on iTunes.
    Oooo you're famous.

I listen to your pod casts at work while I do paper work at the computer.

Hammock
    Shug's Custom DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down Quilts
    I'm really glad that y'all are enjoying the podcast. Golden and I have had a lot of fun doing them. It's all the better for us if we can provide some distraction for others at work, brighten your day or join you on your commute. We've been taken to all sorts of places and have loved being a part of every bit of it!

Shug is an incredible resource. Certainly for me since he loaned me one of his hammocks to get me started. I am very lucky to have his help and his suggestions. I'm looking forward to hanging around with him sometime!

I've tried my best to come up with something to say about our multiple mascots. I have completely failed.

Hammock
    DIY Camo Cocoon
    Tarp
    Tricked out SWT
    Insulation
    DIY 4 layer IX
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I hate that I am late reading the post and getting in on the welcome, but I'll make up for it with a big WAR EAGLE! Glad to hear we have a fellow Plainsman on HF that loves his Auburn Tigers and roots for the team by cheering War Eagle! Maybe that will clear up confusion for those on the forum that don't know the nuances involved w/ being a member of the Auburn family.

As a fellow newbie hanger congrats on the first hang. I've had a couple trips to start getting used to my hanging gear and so far I love it and don't plan on reverting to my ground dwelling past. You're exactly right about waking up in the morning refreshed and limber instead of w/ aches & pains etc... Thanks for the post & welcome aboard.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12