I feel like I can finally post in the hammock forum now. Thursday night I went camping in a nearby state park with two others and slept in a hammock!

Well I'm using the term "slept" pretty loosely. I really don't think I did much sleeping and when I did I was dreaming about laying in the hammock not being able to get to sleep. It was a very strange night. Not due to discomfort though, I loved hanging. I always have trouble sleeping on the trail on the first night. I think I'm just too excited about being out again and on this trip I had a lot to be excited about.

First of all this was my first time in a hammock. Recently I had wanted to try out hammocking but the expenses were getting to be too much. My dear friend and avid hanger Shug came to my rescue and mailed me one of his custom designs. Yes, yes, yes I was in a Shug special! He knows what he is doing. It was very comfortable but I think it was just too exciting for me and I couldn't wind down.

Also I'm experimenting with this hammock to start using it for week long hikes on the AT. I get pretty excited when I start thinking and planning for the AT hikes too. Also I was cooking dinner for our Cub Scout pack the next evening. Prepping a meal for 130 people was weighing on my thoughts as well.

I think all of that was hindering my rest but I think I'll be fine. The hammock was very comfortable and whenever I got out I didn't have that stiff-body feeling that can come with sleeping on the ground. My two buddies were on the ground and one of them was very stiff and he had been on a cot! Anyway after spending a week on the AT I'll bet I can get a good nights sleep while hanging.

I'm looking forward to telling Golden all about it Thursday over a cigar while we podcast.
Rylan