Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    Enjoyed the video! I am going to have to put this trip on the "to do" list. Would have loved to see WV's insulated hammock. You are a dedicated sock user using it in the summer season.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Yoda, did you notice we built a stick fire in the Box grill feeding the sticks through the slots eventually had wood burning on top of the grill too.
    Ewker- my front yard is a river

Hammock
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    HNO-the highs were like 74 ish, lows in upper 50s=wool for me. First night had the sock in complete tarp mode, last 2 nights had the seep pulled around me but not fully up.
    2 Sticks would love this trail--doubt any of our crew could keep up with her though. Next year riding the steam engine before the cycling

Yes I did see that and it seemed to work pretty well, what were your thoughts? You are slowly wearing me down on that thing, I may not be able to hold off for much longer.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Yoda with the surface area a any typical backpacking pot or mug would easily allow feeding sticks into and around so thumbs up.
    I did experience a stability issue once, I think Ofuros in AUZ mentioned this...i was flopping meat on the grill and didn't get it quite centered and it wobbled for a bit, no biggie but i can see that now.
    I think Neutron was roched on the Box.
    Best thing we learned was that a small handfull of charcoal can cook a lot of hot dogs/Brats. So no regrets.
    Also Vargoish, we ran out of canister fuel and used the BOT for a couple of boils. Liking it more and more too but really think its only a $60 pot they're gouging on, but for a 1liter ti water bottle they are the only show in town currently.

MM thanks for the info, very helpful.

I showed your video to my better half (Adia) and she was all a glow with the prospect of doing this in the future. She thought your vid was so cool, adn the first thing she said was when are we gonna do it!!!! She just got a bike not too long ago and since she works for REI she can get some deals on paniers and accessories for her bike (and the kid's). When the time comes we will def be PM'ing you for help and info on the Briar....
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Looks like another wonderful trip, MM!

That trail just gets prettier and prettier every time I see it. I always kinda chuckle when folks mention their bike weights in videos; mine's 45 lbs of steel before I add anything to it.

Glad to hear that the sock worked well for you, even under conditions that should've--by all rights--wetted it out. That new quilt looks nice, too.

Dry ice is definitely the way to go if you want to keep your meat cold. Looks like everything went okay with the cooking, even what with it being frozen and all.

Thanks for sharing!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images

I want to come next year

I did not see this until the after action review. I loved it. I would love to try this. Let me know when the next one is planned.

ps what is your announcement?!?
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Smile

Neutron is finally reporting in. This was definitely a great trip on the best Rail to Trail route in the nation. It has some of the most beautiful scenery on any rails to trails segment that I have been on. The weather, although frequently threatening, was perfect. The only rain coming was after hammock time. The only downside of the trip was having to wear a mask for 80 miles to prevent spreading the Neutron Flu. As always, MedicineMan shooting the perfect trip Video. Meeting Mr. and Mrs. WV was a real treat. Seeing his experiment in an insulated hammock shows that I have a lot to learn.

Hopefully, next year, I will be able to convince Vortex to go again. MedicineMan and Poof’s two week warning was not adequate time for her to “mature the derriere.” Anyway, looking forward again to next year’s trip.

Yes, I was roched into a box – 8 inches square surface area is great compared to the dinky 4 inch top of a firefly. I was finally able to get a decent size piece of meat and not just the “steak nuggets” of our previous trips. CARNOVIORS BEWARE!

In addition, I was roched into the REI Chair. It is a definite carry for bike camping. I don’t know about hiking yet but with its comfort, it is definitely a consideration.

I have got to stop going on adventures with MedicineMan or else find some Roche spray. It always costs me money when I get back

Finally, as to the mystery or MedicineMan’s Soap opera. Let’s have some fun . . . I will offer a challenge. I have seen that members of HF are the most creative and inventive people on the planet. With that in mind, I will send a new caldera cone for your pot to a member correctly solving the mystery. The most important aspect of selecting the winner will be the creativity of the response. Any written, pictorial, musical, or response appropriate to the forums will be accepted. If no creative correct solution is submitted, then the most creative or bizarre solution will be selected. MedicineMan and Poof will have to select the winner prior to their foray to Alaska.

My Submission:

Anyone without presbyopia should perceive from the preponderance of the proceeding pictures in MedicineMan’s pictorial preservation of their prosession down the Greenbrier, should be perplexed and puzzled by the pouch protruding from poof’s paunch pot or panniculus that the population will soon to be pending a particular, peculiar, and precise solitary increase of one. That is . . . poof is with puff!
    Last edited by Neutron; 07-05-2013 at 11:07. Reason: Formatting

Hammock
    Chameleon by Dutch
    Tarp
    Sgt. Rock diy w/en
    Insulation
    JRB No-Sniveller+o
    Suspension
    yep
    Images
    another quality Medicine Man production! thanks for sharing this, your videos are always candy for the eyes. looked like a great time.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast