ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Confirmed: angrysparrow, southmark, hetairoi, skippy, Ihangnbankhead
    Possible: Grillmastertoo, bigbamaguy, MrPrez, DougTheElder + Friend
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    I'm making plans to come on Friday (without "Friend"), but I'm gonna watch the weather...so far looks like about 40% chance of rain...that means 60% chance of no rain, right? We're expecting the same weather here at home, except we are probably a half day to a day later as the weather system moves West to East. Hopefully, it will move through a little faster rather than a little slower. Regardless, if rain is gonna keep me confined to quarters for the weekend, in a hammock, under a tarp, beside a beautiful waterfall, deep in the woods, with a good book doesn't sound too bad.
    Sometimes even a Blind Hog finds an Acorn

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    OK! here are some spots that are getting kick around. West bee branch & East bee branch & go see big tree, up and down hills short cut 2 miles, long way 5+ miles. Sougahoagdee falls + more falls on the way, almost two miles scenic route up Brushy creek. Feather Hawk falls almost 3 miles then day hike to deer skull falls, little ugly falls and fernglade falls. All of these should be open trails not counting blow down trees. Or we could go to the biggest bluff shelters in BH which is a half mile of road bed and then little over a 1/4 mile making a trail. Let's talk about here and come up with a plan! Thanks, Thomas

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Friggin work schedule!!!!!! Looks like I will not make it this weekend. I will be hanging though up at Cherokee Rock Village in Leesburg. Its close enough that I can make it before dark and still get a site set up. You guys have fun, post the pics and I will catch ya'll later!
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Claytor JH
    If y'all dont mind a new guy tagging along I might be in. I won't able to get there until sometime Saturday early afternoon though.

Images
    As far as I'm concerned, you guys that know the area can decide what to do. I would prefer to have a relatively easy hike out on Sunday since I will be looking at a fairly long drive back home. But, if necessary, I can stay an extra day if that acommodates doing what the group wants to do. I'm just excited about making the trip.

Hammock
    switchback
    Another new guy here too...i cool with doing what the group wants...i too will be getting a late start on Sat, so I may just have to find yall on the trail Saturday afternoon.....

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    I think that we really need to go ahead and set a destination. I'm up for pretty much any location.

Ihangnbankhead - You are as knowledgeable about Bankhead/Sipsey as anyone here, so why don't you pick a good destination and post it. We can then set meetup places and times.

New guys - we're glad to have you along. A word of caution, though. As per the last hangout we have a scheduled meetup on Frday afternoon at 2pm, and another at 9-9:30am on Saturday. Those meetup/departure times are certainly flexible, but early in the day is far better to allow everyone to see more. If you don't make the meetup and aren't familiar with the trails it may be a bit daunting for you, depending on where the destination is. Sipsey is a *big* place, and we aren't talking about a drive-up car camping event. We will do everything we can to not leave anyone out, though.

I'm really looking forward to getting out there again!

updated list -
    Confirmed: angrysparrow, southmark, hetairoi, skippy, Ihangnbankhead, DougTheElder
    Possible: Grillmastertoo, MrPrez, Collier
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    Once the destinations for Friday and Saturday are set, it would be good to have the GPS coordinates (if anyone knows them) and extremely good directions for those of us who 1) have the potential to be late, and 2) have a sense of direction that encourages us to go the wrong way. I'm a poor liar and I'd never get a pass again if I told my wife I had wandered around lost in the rain all weekend. Then again, if I were really lost, I may not get to tell her anything!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    I'll be happy to provide maps, directions, and coordinates as best possible once the destination is set.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast