DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyHanger View Post
    I'll admit I'm new to the site and I should keep my dawgs on the truck but I will offer this un-biased comment:
    It seems the moderators and others offer the suggestions that these type of posts are not appropriate in the forums. I have yet to see a moderator or anyone else post the same type of comment when the thread is more of a positive nature or relating great delivery, service, etc. That appears to me to be a double standard.
    I understand the moderator perspectives and I agree they should be private in nature. However, if your going to critique and say it's not appropriate here, say it's not appropriate when the thread is positive thread as well.
    Welcome to the forums!

I understand your sentiment. But there's a subtle difference:

Negative feedback is not discouraged, as long as it is an honest report after the transaction is complete. For example - I order something from a vendor. They take 6 months to deliver my tarp/quilt/whatever. After I finally receive it, I post a review, addressed to the forum stating "here was my experience, here's what I thought was bad, I won't buy from them again, buyer beware". That's perfectly acceptable and encouraged, as long as it is respectful and factual.

The same thing for positive reviews, i.e. "I ordered last Friday, they were patient and super helpful on the phone, and it was waiting on my door on Monday. This vendor is awesome! Couldn't be happier!".

Both of these types of reports/reviews are accounts of how the transaction went, and your thoughts on it, and the gear, AFTER it was completed and over with.

Until the transaction is complete - that is to say either you receive your goods or you don't receive your goods and you cancel your order, get a refund, etc. - you are still in the midst of things and cannot objectively post a 'REVIEW'. And that, I think, is where the difference lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    these aren't business transactions (buying from them) post. This is just wanting to know when it will ship esp. when emails or phone calls aren't returned or never received.

Just an FYI, this isn't the only vendor thread where vendors are asked about shipping times or when it will ship
    And again, until the entire process is completely resolved, for good or bad, you are still in the midst of a transaction. A business transaction starts when you initiate the order, and ends when the goods are received, or the order is cancelled. And simply because it happened in another thread didn't make it appropriate there, either.

--

If you can't get a response and are worried you're not going to get your gear, call your credit card company and cancel the transaction. Or file through paypal to reverse payment, and send an email, phone call, or certified letter to the vendor saying you no longer want the goods. Then feel free to come here after that, and explain your experience in a calm, detailed way. Otherwise, take it to a private channel and keep it there.

At the end of it all, I'm not a mod. So perhaps what I say means nothing. I just think that this whole trend of using the forums as a public stage to in essence shame the vendor into replying to you by calling them out publicly for not responding is in poor taste, and contrary to what the purpose of these sub-forums seem to have been created for.

I don't think it is a bad thing. Folks need to know what is going on with a vendor. The vendors in this thread respond to the post to them. To me that is a good thing.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip

Order Status

Silentorpheus is correct, this is feedback/suggestion forum, not a place to air your current grievances about how your transaction is going while you are in the midsts of an issue. Nor is it a place to track your transactions or your packages. That is private communication between you and the vendor. After the transaction is done then you can voice your opinion in its entirety.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip

Order Status

Way past OP Final Posts saying he received order. Thread no longer valid.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567