Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Images
    Sounds like you fellows are finally figuring out the way to get your wives interested in going with you - let them see that nice women do go out there and survive

Images
    MY wife has camped with me for nearly 20 years..but it has always been in a living history setting where i made ever effort to make her comfortable...big tents , cots ,lots of coolers and cook gear..when i go on canoe trips or backpacking in the mountains she would stay home...but when i got my HH exp asm..she liked it but didnt think it was a " real " way to camp...but after i got her turned on to michele's journal she really got hooked..when michele wrote of her using a HH to go to events and was going to use it as her primary shelter on the wild rugged AT...well if a WOMAN says its that good ..then it must be
    ..now if i can just get michele to sing the praises of long canoe trips we are all set!! ... so how bout it michele? you up for a 200 mile float to the gulf when you get back from the AT??

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Duff
    Suspension
    Webbing, biners.
    Images
    HAHA I told you guys that was a cute name! *high fives hanahanger!

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Certain, hope you guys are still having the hike of a lifetime! I've looked so very much forward to reading your journal. The entries are wonderul and I'm glad that you guys are going so well. My offer of a ride still stands if you and Nicole need it. Just e-mail me and I'll send you my cell number. Keep on HYOH x 2 (Hike Your Own Hike and Hang Your Own Hammock) and we hope to see you in Hot Springs!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    HH ULBA, but can't wait to try more
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Images
    Hey everyone! I'm in the town of Cherokee, NC (as opposed to going to Gatlinburg half way through the Smokeys). Seems I'll be having a visitor when I get to Hot Springs, so I need, and REALLY want to get through the Smokeys. Means I won't be at the hangout this weekend (bummer) but I'll DEFINITELY be at future ones, and I'll have tons more war stories to share too! LOL

A canoe trip sounds AWESOME by the way. I've already been thinking about getting into kayaking next. Hmmmm....

I had a nite into the mid-teens in the Smokeys! On our next episode, did Certain stay warm when the temps dropped that low? Stay tuned...the answers are coming!

Still having a GREAT time. A few rough days here and there, but that's to be expected. Heading back out tomorrow and getting through this park. Thanks SO much for all the encouraging words everyone. I'm still taking pics of every hang (which still gets eye rolls from my fground dwelling friends out here...they think I'm totally weird!) Haa haa

They just don't get it..... LOL

Oops, gotta get off the public computer. It just told me I have 30 seconds left. Oh, sorry I missed meeting you Sgt. Rock, at Franklin. I was so bummed to find out you were there and I was laying in my bed (unable to move) from my first 13.5 mile day! LOL Maybe at Trail Days.
    This is my signature.

Images
    when you get done and are well rested..i will be happy to canoe with you..any place any time..and hey your home aint tooo far from the boundry waters and that is a dream of mine...safe journey

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    . Oh, sorry I missed meeting you Sgt. Rock, at Franklin. I was so bummed to find out you were there and I was laying in my bed (unable to move) from my first 13.5 mile day! LOL Maybe at Trail Days.
    sorry michele, but you missed Sgt rock again. he paid us a surprise visit at the hot springs camp out.
    but he plans to be at trail days.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    Well, I would rather take it slow than risk being forced off the trail due to a stress fracture or some other injury.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Michele, I'm glad to see all is going well with your thru. Sorry we missed you in Hot Springs at the SEHHA Hangout. E-mail me if you or Perisitant need anything, I'd love to drop you guys a little trail magic. Keep on hiking your own hike and hanging your own hammock.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    HH ULBA, but can't wait to try more
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Images
    Hey Everyone...in Hot Springs right now. I've come full circle from the first time I ever hung in my hammock at Ed Speer's hangout last Fall. (I'm wiping a nostalgic tear from my eye right now) LOL

Headin out tomorrow for Erwin. We were going to go today, but my buddy Persistent is fighting a wicked head cold, so she needed another day's rest and let's face it, there are worse towns than Hot Springs to zero in a few days! Everything's going great, hoping I've seen the last of the cold cold weather, but hey, if I can survive mid-teens, I can survive anything huh? LOL Take care everyone.
    This is my signature.

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast