DIY gathered end tablecloth
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix 20
    Suspension
    Ready Straps

FAQ tab

The FAQ tab has a few links to how to use a forum. This could be updated with FAQ that applied to hammocks. A short FAQ could probably save a person HUNDREDS of googles =P Trying to read some of these posts as a NEWBIE can sound kind of like greek to a gecko.

Anyhow, the FAQ tab was the first thing I noticed when I started browsing the awesomeness here.

Definitely would be a good idea!

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    The problem is that a short FAQ on hammocks would fill a book......The Ultimate Hang

Nothing good in life comes easy. No one is willing to put in the leg work anymore and do the research. They want everything handed to them.

Quit being lazy, it's ruining society.

I think thats a good idea! But it would have to be its own site. Because there is a lot of information on this subject and alot of it is preference.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    The problem is that a short FAQ on hammocks would fill a book......
    I would argue that book would not be effective unless it was bound as a 3-ring binder and updates sent quarterly to purchasers of the book.

It has actually slowed down a bit I think, but the innovations come quick in this hobby. We are still, in effect, toddlers learning how to walk as our legs keep getting longer. Keeping everything up to date would be a mission in and of itself. Plus, it would be terribly boring compared to reading some of the posts that pop up around here. Who bonds over a FAQ sheet, when there are Hangs with KILLER food!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images

Re: FAQ tab

The Ultimate hang and its accompanying website are close to your ideal book.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end tablecloth
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix 20
    Suspension
    Ready Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    The problem is that a short FAQ on hammocks would fill a book......The Ultimate Hang
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    I think thats a good idea! But it would have to be its own site. Because there is a lot of information on this subject and alot of it is preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I would argue that book would not be effective unless it was bound as a 3-ring binder and updates sent quarterly to purchasers of the book.

It has actually slowed down a bit I think, but the innovations come quick in this hobby. We are still, in effect, toddlers learning how to walk as our legs keep getting longer. Keeping everything up to date would be a mission in and of itself. Plus, it would be terribly boring compared to reading some of the posts that pop up around here. Who bonds over a FAQ sheet, when there are Hangs with KILLER food!
    Well the idea isn't to have a definitive guide, just some answers to FAQ... within reason!

Like acronyms used across the site, types of materials commonly used, common suspension parts and types ect ect. Not like a full blown guide or anything. Anyhow was just my 2cents and it was one of the first tabs I looked at when I came to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post
    Nothing good in life comes easy. No one is willing to put in the leg work anymore and do the research. They want everything handed to them.

Quit being lazy, it's ruining society.
    1. Nice Flame
    2. Being concise isn't lazy, its practical
    3. FAQ pages are meant for "Frequently Asked Questions"

Ok' I see well that does exsits it is right here this site has a wealth of knowledge and if you cant find it im sure if you ask someone is willing to answer

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbers View Post
    Well the idea isn't to have a definitive guide, just some answers to FAQ... within reason!

Like acronyms used across the site, types of materials commonly used, common suspension parts and types ect ect. Not like a full blown guide or anything. Anyhow was just my 2cents and it was one of the first tabs I looked at when I came to the site.
    On the acronyms, there is help. You can find our cheat-sheet here. It's sister thread (the discussion thread) can be found here. You can use the second link to suggest additions. The other stuff either is so standardized (in our minds anyway) or changes so often, or is a matter of personal prefrence, that it just becomes its own monster. Luckily, the folks around here are very good at answering basic questions without some kind of lame judgement on your lack of knowledge.

With that said,
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbers View Post
    1. Nice Flame
    It's always best to not feed the trolls.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast