ENO DN at home, WB Traveler camping
    Tarp
    Silnylon 8X10
    Insulation
    Dry Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Warbonnet traveler first hangs.

I received my Warbonnet Traveler 1.1 DL Hammock (hereafter the hammock or traveler) and the hammock sock (more on the sock in another post) a few weeks ago. First thing I did was to weigh it and compare it to Warbonnet published weight of 19.5oz. Good news, my Traveler 1.1 DL was only 18oz! Next, I inspected the hammock and with exception of some wobbly seams here and there, the workmanship is excellent.

Of course the next thing was to hang the hammock. The first thing I noticed was how much better this hammock is to sit on/in camp chair wise. My other hammock is an ENO Double Nest and between the traveler being a double layer and made from ripstop nylon it makes for a lot less stretch in the hammock when seated.

I hung it with its structural ridgeline at the proper tension and spent the night. Interestingly the hammock was too taught. It actually felt hard, not uncomfortable but not nearly as comfortable as the next night. The following night I hung it with a i deeper sag (the ridgeline was just a bit slack) and that was a fantastic nights sleep. Almost perfection, the flattest lay ever. Side sleeping was awesome. I may have to consider shortening the ridgeline for future (I like the ridgeline for hanging stuff) trips or just continue to hang it slightly slack. I took the hammock out for a two night trip this past weekend and used both the hammock and the hammock sock. I wanted to see how warm the bottom of my hammock stayed with minimal hammock insulation. It did a remarkable job of creating a dead air space under the hammock even with the top portion of the sock open. The traveler was just as comfortable as at home and a lot easier to get in and out of than the ENO DN. Definitely worth my investment in these two pieces of equipment.

PS Warbonnet deliveries are for weeks plus so be patient.

Hammock
    Trail Lair || Brazilian
    Tarp
    CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    Thanks for that review. I'm getting my traveler 1.7 sl today, and your observations will help with the setup.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Rule of thumb with the RL is to place your thumb and index finger on either side of the RL and twist it vertical. You should be able to twist so your thumb and finger are at 12 and 6 o'clock. This is when your in the hammock.

bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    I find my Warbonnet Blackbird to be at it's comfiest when there is some slack in the ridge line. I prussicked some shock cord to the loop in the end and onto the ridgeline , so I could use it to take up the slack. It works for me.
    "In your face space coyote"-HJS

Hammock
    ENO DN at home, WB Traveler camping
    Tarp
    Silnylon 8X10
    Insulation
    Dry Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast 71 View Post
    I find my Warbonnet Blackbird to be at it's comfiest when there is some slack in the ridge line. I prussicked some shock cord to the loop in the end and onto the ridgeline , so I could use it to take up the slack. It works for me.
    Good idea, I have a bunch of shock cord. Going out again in a couple of weeks, I'll try it out then.

• + New Posts