Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I bought two of these for $10.00 each. I use one under my WBBB to put my old sleeping bag in for an UQ. I removed the ropes and added 2 cheap-o biners clip to the WBBB good to go! Used this setup this passed week end down to 23* not as warm as custom UQ/OQ but $10 + old Sleeping bag.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow 40 & yeti
    Suspension
    Straps& dutch clip
    Images
    I bought two of these for $10 each and promptly scrapped the rope that they came with.

I outfitted them for my boys, one with rings and straps, one with whoopie slings and tree huggers.

I've lounged around in one for several weekends and the boys have slept out in them several weekends with no issues (one is 6' 3" and 280, one is 6' 6" and 240)

I can always reuse the suspensions but if they didn't like Hammocking I figured I wasn't out much in the way of cash ...

Turns out they love it ... so I'm going to make them both a half Hennessy/ half warbonnet clone next time I run across 16 yards of 1.9 ounce ripstop at Walmart.
    Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage
    William Shakespeare

"Insert witty and intelligent statement here"

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Mine is 10 ft long and very comfortable, in fact it is more comfortable than my HH Explorer. I can lie flatter and in more positions in it than in my HH, and it's a fraction of the weight. I paid about $17 for it about 6 months ago, and it's been worth that much. I've discarded the heavy suspension and installed some whoopie slings.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    cuben fiber
    Insulation
    down goodies
    Suspension
    The Force
    Images
    i have a grand trunk first hammock i ever owned and still have it.
    i have pics in my gallery. i have since upgraded of course.
    my cost me 15 bucks but go and get the same fabric and some rope from harbor freight and you have the same hammock for around 8 bucks with no shipping. i use as a bunk hammock that sitts under my bb and holds all my stuff same as a gear hammock i guess

Hammock
    hennessy,diy
    Tarp
    hex,diy
    Insulation
    uq,pad
    Suspension
    diy whoppie, tree

kylysto

i own both the kylysto ( first hammock), and an eno double, and i cant say their as good as my hennessy, but have used both and for a summer trip the kylysto was lightweight and has held up for quite a while now, and i believe its only 3-4 inches narrower than the double nest.. threw on a homeade underquilt and had a great nights sleep this winter at 17 deg. all in all its cheap but a grat backup to have. please pardon my spelling

Hammock
    DIY by Smokehouse
    Tarp
    DIY by Smokehouse
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    The Kalisto was my first go at hanging. I liked it and now the kids get to enjoy it. I have diy some whoopie slings and an adjustable ridge line since taking these pics. That really lighten up the weight. I think the Kalisto is well worth the $10/$20. Even more so with a little investment of the slings. As for the bug netting, a breezy location or some smoke from the fire can help with that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345