Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Indoor hang help!!

Ive been hanging outside for over a year and would like to try hanging inside. My room is only 10 ft across so its short, almost no room for a stand which is what i wanted. I have a eno sn and diy hammock to use, but eventually might want a brazzilian or mayan. I think the walls or ceiling might be my best bet. Now i have no idea what to do, i only weigh 120 so the walls should be fine right? Please any help, advice, or recomendations are welcome!!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Ozark Trail Cocoon
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    If you're going to hang it from a wall make sure to mount into the studs. Use an electronic stud finder or one of the magnetic ones that finds the nails in the studs to locate them. Or heck, even do the knocking test and find the difference but definitely don't try to hang from purely dry wall! But will your room being 10 ft, that would be ALMOST PERFECT for your eno sn. Attach some ring bolts to each wall and a little polypropylene webbing and you're all set!

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Can you go on the diagonal? That is what I did.. Stronger as well..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Gout View Post
    Can you go on the diagonal? That is what I did.. Stronger as well..
    + 1. Have never slept better in my life. Every night!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go! - Rudyard Kipling

I really like that bookshelf idea, how long did it take to make and what was the cost? Also is ten feet enough room for a mayan down the road? They need lots of sag anyway right? One more, since ill be doing this above my bed i should just go tall right? That way ill have as much room as i need to adjust different hammocks.

I've mounted two hammocks indoors with the mounting kit that can be purchased from ENO with great results. I believe the kits run about $11 each and once mounted into the studs, I like the unobtrusive look of the mount(s) when not in use. Space shouldn't be an issue as 10 feet is plenty of space if you go the diagonal route. If I recall correctly, the instructions that come with the kit specify locating two studs that are ~112 inches apart.

Quote Originally Posted by derekash3312 View Post
    I've mounted two hammocks indoors with the mounting kit that can be purchased from ENO with great results. I believe the kits run about $11 each and once mounted into the studs, I like the unobtrusive look of the mount(s) when not in use. Space shouldn't be an issue as 10 feet is plenty of space if you go the diagonal route. If I recall correctly, the instructions that come with the kit specify locating two studs that are ~112 inches apart.
    Isnt that basically the same thing as screws in the wall?

Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smallandbig View Post
    I really like that bookshelf idea, how long did it take to make and what was the cost? Also is ten feet enough room for a mayan down the road? They need lots of sag anyway right? One more, since ill be doing this above my bed i should just go tall right? That way ill have as much room as i need to adjust different hammocks.
    Thanks! Took 6 or 8 hours to make, but I'm not a wood-worker by any stretch. Kinda figured it out as I went along. Cost approx $35 or so for lumber (red oak) and hardware. Don't know about mayans...
    Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go! - Rudyard Kipling

Hammock
    Trail Lair || Brazilian
    Tarp
    CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    UCR

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Thanks! Took 6 or 8 hours to make, but I'm not a wood-worker by any stretch. Kinda figured it out as I went along. Cost approx $35 or so for lumber (red oak) and hardware. Don't know about mayans...
    Thanks!! Really like this idea, also 35 in all or for each end?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast