On another note too. The more darts and the better it fits, the less material you would use and hence the quilt will be lighter always a good thing.
so how bout a sketch of the pattern, hard to tell exactly by looking at the quilt itself where the cuts are and how deep they go.
It seems you might do better with that thing reversed. It seems that the lofted side is differential cut while the side you have on the outside would remain flat. Seems like you might be squishing your down a bit.
Any chance of getting a diagram with measurements for this beautiful item posted on HF ? (pretty please?)
Never more than one man left behind, so far !
Darts don't use less fabric from the beginning. You end up with less fabric to carry, but in terms of purchasing the fabric the darts don't impact what you need. I like the pattern. I recently wnet to the super shelter for my HH so I am not tackling any more UQ for a while until I get used to the SS system and find out what it can do. I have a couple of Pre-prez KAQ that I made myself and have been using those with reasonable success.
I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.
"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn
We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series
Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies
Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint
I assume the baffles are not sewn trough. So did you make the two layers the with the same pattern. I ask because it looks like you have differential baffles. I also don't like taking a rectangle and sinching the ends with a draw cord. It means you are carrying extra material and compressing the down. I have wanted to do exactly what you did but my head starts to spin when I think about it too much. Really nice job
Yes I made both layers out of the same pattern but we increased the outside layer to be 2-1/2" bigger all the way around to create a differential that was equal to the size of the baffles.
I did create a differential between the two layers. I had just taken the quilt out of it's storage sack when I took that picture, the down hadn't settled down yet.
Okay...now I'm not a "down" gal, I like the synthetic, so I made one to go under my current "thetravelhammock" comapny. Only I stitched the quilt to the sides of it only and run cordw/cord-locs on it on the ends. I can pull the ends up around the hammock. Hammock is green with a band of tan on the edges. So from the green-to-green I sewed the quilt on. From the tan color band on the opposite side of the hammock stuff pocket, I sewed on the bug net out of semi-sheer fabric. Use ridge line to hold netting off user.