So I found this forum today and my mind was blown. So many people hanging in trees with amazing technological inventions to make hammocking so much better. I've been in a hammock for many years. Gave up tents due to being in bad situations thus causing me being paranoid and having to be able to see all of my surroundings and escape routes. Had a panic attack in a tent one night and said "piss" on this. Found my dads really old net hammock, took it on a trip and suffered miserably. Found a eno hammock at an REI in Atl. Payed for it plus enos black rubberband tree straps and havent looked back yet, except for today. I've had my sn for about 5 years + and I've been through several blue and brown hard tarps and a sleeping bag from when I was 14. I'm now 33. A pretty sweet set up, much better than everyones whoopie slings, pretty light tarps, and these things called "under quilts" on here. I've been amazed of how much comfort you people hang in. My life is about to change so much. My wife will never keep me out of the trees now. However, I don't think that ill be able to get rid of my eno rubberbands. Nothing like putting a hammock up 6 1/2 feet in the trees super tight and then waking up on the ground. I've never used any kind of insulation just my really old sleeping bag. I have suffered many trips in this manner. I've spent my whole life on the AT in Ga. Just moved to utah 2 years ago. Many a cold night on the AT in this manner. Glad I found you super smart tree hanging folks.