Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    This sounds like an awesome trip!
    You know we'll expect a full trip report with video. And frankly, I can't wait to see it.

Swampfox
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    swampfox, would be better if you joined us.
    Getting lot's of PMs on this trip...we just might end up with a fleet of paddlers 'rounding the horn'....
    I guess that those interested have already looked at a map of LBL and noticed the NARROW canal (connects the two lakes) we get to paddle through....might be fun since it is NARROW and the barges go through there.
    Also getting PMs on the shuttling....
    Might as well start at least thinking about it now and also bring up the need for long boats. Rec kayaks are fine in nice smooth water but longer boats do better the rougher the water gets; longer boats more easily carry more gear for multi-day paddling; longer boats also cruise along more quickly with somewhat less effort. So bring the longest boat you can get your hands on....
    Back to the shuttling....we can always spot one person at the put in to watch the gear/kayak pile as it grows while running multi vehicles. Luckly we have Potneck who can bring the last paddler back to the gear pile after dropping off his/her car at the take out. Potneck has also volunteered to spot 10-12 mile areas along the paddle route for us. I've asked that while doing that he look at possible places to cache water-that would save a bit of time/day for us each day.

Medicine Man - when you're done with that "year pass" you should have no problem selling it back to someone else in the area. That's a popular destination for Jeepers, too, and they have a couple "jamborees" down there each year. Just a thought.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Might keep that pass for another trip, but thanks for the tip. I'd like to do the mountain bike trail sometime through the park too, and/or the hiking trail. I think it is called the North-South trail.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    That kayak camping sounds like a lot of fun. The wife and I are new to kayaking (well the wife is). We just purchased a tandem a few weeks ago and have been out twice. We were out today and according to my GPS we only covered 3 miles in an hour. We cant seem to get the rhythm right yet, but we are working on it. Had a great time though.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Which tandem did you get? I've got an aging Wilderness Systems Northstar. You know once you get that rythm down it will be hard for a single to keep up with you! For paddle camping often the doubles/tandems have a large middle hatch perfect for luxury items...hey if two come along you can carry the 5 pound propane tank and grill! HA! Just teasing but you've got me thinking about taking my tandem.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Which tandem did you get? I've got an aging Wilderness Systems Northstar. You know once you get that rythm down it will be hard for a single to keep up with you! For paddle camping often the doubles/tandems have a large middle hatch perfect for luxury items...hey if two come along you can carry the 5 pound propane tank and grill! HA! Just teasing but you've got me thinking about taking my tandem.
    I have a Perception tandem, 13 feet and yes you are right it can carry some gear, a lot of room. I am still trying to convince the wife that the person up front has to do most of the paddling.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    'tis true the bow paddler is the engine...is yours the Swiftwater? If so I would not want anything shorter for LBL, not directed nec. toward you but anyone else reading this. BUT we just might be blessed with perfectly calm water the whole way around.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Mine is a Perception Keowee2. Weights like 65 pounds. I can put it on the roof rack myself, but not without struggle. We would love to eventually attend this type of hang. Seeing you again would be cool.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Tacoma, getting the planning started. The more the merrier!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast