10' Dutch Argon1.6
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Golite20/Phoenix20
    Suspension
    WS,Dutch,Litesmith

Burr Oak State Park, Ohio

I'm looking a t doing the circumvent of the lake at Burr Oak Does any one have helpful info on the trail. I can do 15 mile per day 18 if i have to I hike with the Central Ohio Backpacker group. Looking at a 2 day-1 night stretch. How is the terrain, i read a 4 mile stretch is hard but most of it is easy to moderate. Which places do you like to camp.
    Probably doing a Sunday Monday trip if any one want to come.

Any info is helpful,
    Thanks J-Link

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird 60, WB RR, ENO DN
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Underground Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    The trail at Burr Oak is relatively easy. When I go to Burr Oak, I normally park at the Wildcat Trailhead then hike Burr Oak counter-clockwise to Dock 2. The next day, I hike the rest of the trail back to Wildcat Trailhead. The fun part of the trail is between Dock 2 and Dock 3. You are generally walking uphill but it is not too bad.
    There is a new section that the Buckeye Trail Associate recently made
    so hikers will not have to hike through the muddy, flooded briar patches between Dock 2 and Wildcat Trailhead. The only problem is that it is easy to miss. If you do miss it, you'll end up near Wildcat Trailhead anyway.

Hammock
    10' Dutch Argon1.6
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Golite20/Phoenix20
    Suspension
    WS,Dutch,Litesmith
    Thank Madobo. I start a new job soon so thought I take a couple days. Right now looks like this Sunday and Monday the return on Tuesday at the latest. Not sure if I'll take the hammock still working out a few things. May just throw it in the pack and use it to lounge around camp. We are both in Columbus if you ever want to hangout and we could talk trail and help dial in the our hammocks (not sure if I'm hanging mine right).

Just a few questions this is my first time to Burr Oak
    How are the sites for hanging?
    How clear are the trail? wide path or narrow are most bushwhack?
    lets say the bake is a jagged "J", you hike from the top alone the inside of the bowl the along the bottom past dock 1 to dock 2. Looks about 10 to 12 miles, right?

Hammock
    ENO Single
    Tarp
    ENO Housefly
    Insulation
    Enlightened Enigma
    This thread has not been replied to in a couple of years - but I thought I would continue it rather than start a new one. I'm heading for a 2 day 1 night solo trip to Burr Oak and looking for the best logistics. I looked into what madobo recommended (start at Wildcat trailhead and camp at Dock 2) but can't tell if it's suitable for hanging. I was originally going to park at the lodge and hang at the main campground on the opposite side of the lake, but the photos and info I saw on this site insinuates it's not a good place to hammock. I'm not sure yet when I'm going to go - but likely mid to late November. I appreciate any info on this potential overnighter.

• + New Posts