11' Argon gathered end
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Diy tq

I just made a top quilt from a military poncho liner. This should suffice in mild weather. I'll be testing it tonight in northern VA. I'm using the reflectix insulating pad between the layers of my HH Deep Jungle XL for bottom insulation. There are reports of moisture issues with that setup, so I'll report back on that as well. I have only used this setup once, and felt there was some moisture issues, but it was a very humid night, so I am unsure how much was from perspiration. However, it will be humid and likely raining tonight, so I should expect more of the same.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    ENO Rainfly
    Insulation
    ENO Ember UQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwhite View Post
    I just made a top quilt from a military poncho liner. This should suffice in mild weather. I'll be testing it tonight in northern VA. I'm using the reflectix insulating pad between the layers of my HH Deep Jungle XL for bottom insulation. There are reports of moisture issues with that setup, so I'll report back on that as well. I have only used this setup once, and felt there was some moisture issues, but it was a very humid night, so I am unsure how much was from perspiration. However, it will be humid and likely raining tonight, so I should expect more of the same.
    Just picked up a woobie myself and am surprised how warm it was. I may do something similar and just sew a foot box into it. Can't wait to hear how it worked for you.

Hammock
    11' Argon gathered end
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Loogaroo View Post
    Just picked up a woobie myself and am surprised how warm it was. I may do something similar and just sew a foot box into it. Can't wait to hear how it worked for you.
    I wish I had done this years ago. I just spent 6 nights on a cot while at a scout camp (it was very hot and humid, and the staff had airconditioned facilities, so I caved and didn't hang), and used the tq on it the cot too. While it works great in the hammock, it worked really well on the cot too. It stayed in place so much better that it did before sewing tthe footbox.

The one downside to those poncho liners is that they can be as slippery as snot on a doorknob, and slide off during the night. The footbox corrected that problem. A buddy of mine sewed two of them together to make a double thickness liner. That is considerably warmer.

• + New Posts