Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies

Hello from Brew City

Erick from Milwaukee, WI checking in. New to this whole thing. I had lurked here a while back and never pulled the trigger. Now I'm back and actually registered this time.

Future plans have me leaning towards getting a hammock setup. A friend and I have committed to hiking the entire 1000+ miles of the Ice Age Trail, taking as long as we need. In sections/segments of course. Since the beginning of June we have almost completed the 45 miles of the Waukesha section, one more outing and it's done.

I'm a short fat guy, 5'6" and 270. Leaning towards and ENO DN. I have no hang points in the yard so looking at building the stand jjthedog (I think) posted in the DIY forum so I have something to test and experiment with.

The camping portions of this trip will probably not happen until next season. But spending the late summer, early fall reading/napping in a hammock, with a beverage of choice, sounds awesome.

Am I on the right track here? Thinking the DN strictly on price and weight capacity. Change out suspension to whoopies, if the standard ones from whoopieslings.com will hold my girth, before I even hang it the first time. With some harbor freight straps for trees using a Marlin spike.

Sorry, this may have gotten long winded for an intro thread, I tend to do that. I'll start new threads in the appropriate places if necessary.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums and good luck on your hiking adventures.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Thanks. Hiking the IAT is the easy part. Planning out the travel and logistics is the hard part.

• + New Posts