Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Amsteel group buy anyone?

If folks want to go together for a group buy on line, I'm up for doing that again this year.

Simply list the color and quantity of 7/64 amsteel line you'd like in the column I've added to the spread sheet. If there's enough interest, I'll get a price and pass it on before making the actual purchase.

In the past, the group buy gives us a price consistent with what we could also get from one of the vendors on here, we just save on postage, so if you want line before the hang give the business to one of the HF vendors otherwise, I’ll bring it to the hang.

We'll keep the interest/order open through September or mid October and all orders will be confirmed via PM prior to being actually place.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UQG UQ, Ozark TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    I don't want to make a knee jerk reaction and I have no desire to attempt to replace what we have here at HF, however, there is some logic in redundancy as long as we don't weigh our packs down too much.

For those who want a Texas Hammock Hangers page on FB. I've set it up but will continue to use this thread and HF as my primary go to.
    Nice. I just asked the Join! Now we can create a FB event for this hang.

Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Belts AND suspenders, dude.

Belts and suspenders.
    Exactly! +1

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    If folks want to go together for a group buy on line, I'm up for doing that again this year.

Simply list the color and quantity of 7/64 amsteel line you'd like in the column I've added to the spread sheet. If there's enough interest, I'll get a price and pass it on before making the actual purchase.

In the past, the group buy gives us a price consistent with what we could also get from one of the vendors on here, we just save on postage, so if you want line before the hang give the business to one of the HF vendors otherwise, I’ll bring it to the hang.

We'll keep the interest/order open through September or mid October and all orders will be confirmed via PM prior to being actually place.
    Very Nice. I've been needing to make some stuff... although I'm not sure I can wait until the hang to get it....as I need to make some from the hang....I'll kept an eye on the group purchase.
    <>< Matthew R. <><
    K5NON
    Bike4Heck.com
    Helotes, Texas

"Lighten Your Life And Enlighten Your Mind" -M.R.

Hammock
    Dangerbird 72
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    So nobody's left out (she's on Facebook more than HF), Kattelyn posted (at http://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasHammockHangers/):

A couple questions for folks.
    First off, I just want to make certain y'all are still interested in the wild foods hike thing. I'll try to be better and more prepared this year... last year was the first class I had ever taught. I've been knocking off the rust and actively studying this year. Also I'll try to explain myself a little better and attempt to SPEAK UP!
    Second, I felt bad that I didn't have handouts to give folks to help them, BUT, thinking about it, one of the things we hammock folks preach is leave no trace. We're all on the forum, and online. Therefore, a printout wouldn't be anything but extra trash... and I know it bugs me when people hand me a piece of paper that I'm somehow supposed to keep safe and not destroy right before going on a hike. Would we prefer if I just keep the little printout / flyer type thing unprinted then we can go back afterwards and I'll do a type up and email with pictures of plants, what you do with them, and a few recipes?
    I already have permission from the folks over at the Richland creek WMA to come harvest any time it strikes my fancy. My only concern is that I want things fresh to be able to show everybody.

If you have any suggestions, requests, ANYTHING that you can think of, please pipe up! I'm always open to new suggestions and shared knowledge is knowledge multiplied.
    "Can't we all just live in trees and hammocks?"
    -- Sam Gribley, My Side of the Mountain

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Throkda View Post
    So nobody's left out (she's on Facebook more than HF), Kattelyn posted (at http://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasHammockHangers/):

A couple questions for folks.
    First off, I just want to make certain y'all are still interested in the wild foods hike thing...

...Second...

...Would we prefer if I just keep the little printout / flyer type thing unprinted then we can go back afterwards and I'll do a type up and email with pictures of plants, what you do with them, and a few recipes?
    Thanks for posting this here Throkda. My intent and hope is that all the planning conversations, (regardless of where they start), end up here so we are all on the same page.

I for one am really looking forward to the buffet hike. I was tied up doing something last year and really feel like I missed out, (in spite of the mini foraging lesson your bride gave me after the fact), and will make sure I make this year's version.

As for handouts, I much prefer the digital variety.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    11 foot gathered hexon1.7
    Tarp
    11 ft winter dutch
    Insulation
    TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Spider Straps 1.5
    I would be interested in a foraging hike,
    but I was under the assumption that we
    could not forage on State Park land?

Throkda, you should join forces with another
    presenter for the foraging walk. The other person
    can talk about how to find good tinder while walking
    around. Two birds so to speak. I also think it would
    be great to give separate focus on Medical and Food
    foraging, or perhaps what can be used for both.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Hammock
    Dangerbird 11' Cobalt / Burgundy.
    Tarp
    Homemade Mega Ogee
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps &amp; buckles
    Thank you Throkda... I was meaning to ask here, just hadn't gotten to it yet. Also I kind of didn't want to derail anything.

I don't do formal. If anybody thinks of anything, just pipe up and let me know.

I added a column on the spreadsheet just to give a rough idea of how many people we're talking about. Since I'm not planning on doing any kind of printouts, its mostly just a rough guide to help gauge interest.

I'll remind folks, I'm not "officially trained" in any way. My parents grew up during the great depression. I've got simple practical knowledge but I'm no expert. And I don't know mushrooms. I know one or two that I'd be okay picking, but we mostly focused on greens, fruits, and nuts. I know a few root crops. I know a few medicinals... astringents, antibiotics, antibacterial/fungal stuff. This is going to be the second class I've ever taught.

Sail, no, we cannot harvest anything on state park land. Period. I'm going to be going elsewhere where I can harvest and bringing a few things for folks to sample then we go on a hike and I go "Okay, there's that and that and that and ooh that" but we can't pick anything.

Hammock
    Dangerbird 11' Cobalt / Burgundy.
    Tarp
    Homemade Mega Ogee
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps &amp; buckles
    Sail, click here. This is a little bit of a hint of what I talked about last year.

Before we went on our hike, I cooked some prickly pear pads and introduced folks to the fruit, the pads as food, persimmon bread, and chile pequin.

I'll kind of be doing the same thing. I just wonder where I should go to show us more stuff.

Hammock
    11' DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Smokehouse HM Su
    Insulation
    sleeping bag conv
    Suspension
    Web and rings
    +1 for a digital copy.

Hammock
    Hennesy Explorer
    Tarp
    Underground Hanger
    Insulation
    MARPAT DIY stuff
    Suspension
    Straps and dutch
    Good news, may have my transportation issue for this solved. More details forth coming. Still need a plan B though, and I dont mean a pill

I just joined the Facebook group. The only concern that I have about it is privacy, especially regarding our fall hang. With the Facebook group being public, anyone can see it. They can also see the real names of all who RSVP to attend.

Many counties have websites that allow anyone to view property tax information using only a property owner's name. From the websites, anyone can find property addresses. For example, on the Williamson County Appraisal District's public website, I could find out that Donald Smith owns a house at 123 Main Street in Georgetown, TX.

Knowing that Donald Smith will be out of town on a camping trip leaves Donald Smith's home vulnerable to a break-in.

I think the Facebook idea is an awesome one, which is why I joined it. But I do have concerns.

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast