Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    I encountered another Hammock Forums website blackout. Nearly two days this time. Not happy! Must be some kind of loose wire somewhere. Hopefully it’s fixed now.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    I enjoyed the off track adventure BrucieHi5. Thumbs up and only one cup of coffee.
    Watching you climb gave a great idea of the dimension of things - bigger than I first thought.
    Good decision on the black moss, don't want to see you on an "I survived" show.
    Spit lengths - like the term
    You enjoyed the report AND with just one cup of coffee – amazing! Another amazing thing is how bad cameras are at showing the height and angle of things like rock walls. I make myself useful by standing in front of the camera/wall to show the dimension of things. I could see you on one of those survive shows ... “I Survived A Bruciehi5 Video.” lol That would make for some good viewing. I hope, when I was talking in spit lengths, I wasn’t talking a little too technical. That’s advanced mathematics there. Thanks for looking at the video and also for your comments, TallPaul!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
    ===> Thanks for another great video report, Brucie! And for the warnings...I hid a backpack full of knives before watching! Good thing, too, 'cause I wanted to stab myself when you decided to climb the second waterfall covered in black moss!

I thought, "This guy is gonna kill himself falling on this thing, and then I won't have any more BrucieHi5 trip videos to watch!" Glad you made a good decision to abort the climb!

The area looks great - parts of it looked like the White Mountains here in New England. Thanks again for taking us along, and showing people how to enjoy playing in the wild!

~ SkyPainter
    A backpack full of knives, that sounds like a bag of fun. I’m not allowed to play with anything sharp, which is a bit unfair, because I think I’d be good at it.

It wasn’t until I got stuck that I realized how high I was and how busted up I’d get if I fell down. The decision to abort was for the best, luckily there was a way to go across the rock, because going back down wasn’t really doable. It’s on the list of things to try again, maybe without the pack on next time.

It’s a bit weird seeing places on the other side of the world that look much the same as those near home. I see trip reports like that too sometimes.

I like the way you typed, “enjoy playing in the wild.” Enjoy, playing, and wild are words that go well together. You are super, very, most, welcome for the take along, SkyPainter!

Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    Another fun trip report thanks for sharing and not falling down the cliff faces you encountered.
    I’m happy to be able to share my trip report with you, FireInMyBones! Thanks for watching it and for taking the time to let me know you liked it. I was a bit thankful for not falling off those cliffs too, especially the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillipsart View Post
    Bruciehi5 will probably agree with me, winter has hit with a vengeance today.

Tomorrow suppose to be colder than today.

I wonder if I can tempt you with some of my muffins I baked in the Donated Members section bruciehi5? I will be down your way in September. Hint Hint.
    It was a bit on the cool side today, then again, I’m always pretty cool (head wobble). Yes, one muffin and one pizza, please, both with chilli.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Images
    Come on Bruce and Phillip - it is so cold up in QLD people have to wear t-shirts and covered shoes

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy View Post
    Come on Bruce and Phillip - it is so cold up in QLD people have to wear t-shirts and covered shoes
    I had to put shoes on today and a jacket, I even had to put on some long pants.. . Suppose to get colder tomorrow.

Bruciehi5 computer must have frozen. he can't log into the forum.

Images
    An enjoyable production, please keep them coming.

Fifteen hours in the hammock - you're my new hero.

Beautiful scenery, especially the stealth waterfalls.
    Last edited by Roche; 07-23-2013 at 19:12.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy View Post
    That’s right, Mr Ploppy, it’s tuff liven around here! Most people couldn’t handle the cold weather this place throws at us. In fact, the numbers show that around 5, that’s FIVE days a year, the day time temp doesn’t get above 20C , 68F. We get more cold weather in 12 months, than some places get in a whole year. We even get invisible snow here, or as Roche would probably put it, stealth snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillipsart View Post
    I had to put shoes on today and a jacket, I even had to put on some long pants.. . Suppose to get colder tomorrow.

Bruciehi5 computer must have frozen. he can't log into the forum.
    My hands are a bit could right now! I’m pretty tuff though, I can handle it (bring back summer).

My Hammock Forum connection seems to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roche View Post
    An enjoyable production, please keep them coming.

Fifteen hours in the hammock - your my new hero.

Beautiful scenery, especially the stealth waterfalls.
    Hi there Roche! It’s good to hear you enjoyed the stealth falls production! I think there needs to be a new rule (as if there aren’t enough rules in the world already). Before setting out on a hammock hanging hike, a commitment must be made to spend “at least” 10 hours in the hammock. I like the stealth falls thing... stealth in sight, stealth in sound. We made all the waterfalls silent like that, because all that water falling noise was disturbing the local animals. Thanks for watching and typing, Roche, that’s great!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

The Solo Hike That Went Off Track

Cold morning, I'm still in bed.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    This already looks like a winner. Tagging for watching later.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Images
    So Bruce, I was thinking after all those up and downs on those ripper water falls that what you needed was a production assistant. You know, some one to haul the gear up the waterfall after you show everyone how it's done.

You'd have to spot a bloke a plane ticket to get there but I'm willing to play pack mule for a chance to hike those areas (and maybe a Guinness). I'll bottle my blood's worth. Fair go?

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    This already looks like a winner. Tagging for watching later.
    It will be less painful, if you forget to watching!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    So Bruce, I was thinking after all those up and downs on those ripper water falls that what you needed was a production assistant. You know, some one to haul the gear up the waterfall after you show everyone how it's done.

You'd have to spot a bloke a plane ticket to get there but I'm willing to play pack mule for a chance to hike those areas (and maybe a Guinness). I'll bottle my blood's worth. Fair go?

A production assistant, now that’s got me thinking! You could lug around one of thoughs movie star chairs for me. It would have to have Bruciehi5 Super Star, printed on the backrest. I’ll have to get myself some superstar sunglasses and practice my autograph!

Haul the gear, pack mule... That’s a great idea, I wouldn’t have to worry about pack weight then. The things I wouldn’t have to leave home without. Let’s see, A big screen TV would fit in a custom made pack. A fridge and microwave oven might come in handy.

Oh, but wait a minute, spot the plane ticket... that could be a problem. The Guinness might fit into my budget. Assuming you meant the bottle with nothing in it.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast