Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Placed an order, now what?

Well, after a lot of thought I ordered a JRB BMBH. I am really excited. Anyway, I got the receipt from paypal but that was it. Just wondering, from those of you who have ordered from JRB, what the next step is? Do they let you know they have received your order and notify you when it is shipped or does it just show up on your door? Its probably a bit premature for me to post this. I ordered yesterday about noon but you guys know how excited you get when you are waiting on new gear. Hours go by like days, days like weeks and so forth until your package arrives and your like a kid on Christmas morning!

In your browser, on the left holding this pose in real-time, for your amusement
    Hammock
    WBBBH (summer) and WBTH (3 season)
    Tarp
    Not blown away yet
    Insulation
    UQ Connoisseur
    Suspension
    Fig-9's no huggers
    Images
    Not to worry. JRB order processing is superb. They will have it
    handled and on its way to you with no fuss. Very very respected
    customer service.

I would just be patient and try not to stalk the mail box
    Webhost: www.ehko.info

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by turk View Post
    Forget that advise!
    What you need to do is get yourself a few items. You'll need some type of dry storage box in which to place a laptop. To the laptop you'll need to connect a webcam. Then you need to set it up so that you can view your mailbox from anywhere on the globe. This will come in very handy as you continue to order gear. You should never be expected to only 'hope' something is in the mailbox when you get home. Instead you should be driving like a maniac to get to the mailbox that you have watched being loaded with the most recent goodies.

Seriously, the Jacks are great about shipping. You have no worries at all other than getting time off work so you can go play in the woods.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    Well, after a lot of thought I ordered a JRB BMBH. I am really excited. Anyway, I got the receipt from paypal but that was it. Just wondering, from those of you who have ordered from JRB, what the next step is? Do they let you know they have received your order and notify you when it is shipped or does it just show up on your door? Its probably a bit premature for me to post this. I ordered yesterday about noon but you guys know how excited you get when you are waiting on new gear. Hours go by like days, days like weeks and so forth until your package arrives and your like a kid on Christmas morning!
    RT,

I saw your order in yesterdays notifications....We were out of the shop on friday.... Your JRB BMBH will ship noon on Monday Via USPS Priority.... USPS will send you and email with TR # when it is put in the system..... So you will receive it Wed or Thurs..... Thanks for your business....Enjoy!

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by turk View Post
    Not to worry. JRB order processing is superb. They will have it
    handled and on its way to you with no fuss. Very very respected
    customer service.

While good advise I think cannibal's might be more practical!!! Thanks turk. By the way we need another episode of hammock tv!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Forget that advise!
    What you need to do is get yourself a few items. You'll need some type of dry storage box in which to place a laptop. To the laptop you'll need to connect a webcam. Then you need to set it up so that you can view your mailbox from anywhere on the globe. This will come in very handy as you continue to order gear. You should never be expected to only 'hope' something is in the mailbox when you get home. Instead you should be driving like a maniac to get to the mailbox that you have watched being loaded with the most recent goodies.

Seriously, the Jacks are great about shipping. You have no worries at all other than getting time off work so you can go play in the woods.
    This is funny, I love it when people ship items with a tracking number. I check it and check it, then pretty much meet the mail man at the box. As far as getting time off from work this is my plan. Buy the hammock while I still have a job and can justify it, then if I get laid off in the coming months I can hang all summer worry free!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    RT,

I saw your order in yesterdays notifications....We were out of the shop on friday.... Your JRB BMBH will ship noon on Monday Via USPS Priority.... USPS will send you and email with TR # when it is put in the system..... So you will receive it Wed or Thurs..... Thanks for your business....Enjoy!

Pan
    Great! You guys rock. I was able to try one of these hammocks and cannot believe how comfortable they are. I am really looking forward to using it. Now its time to save for tarp (deciding between hammock hut and the 11x10) and a Mt. Washington UQ this fall. You guys make awesome gear. You say you were out of the shop friday... I hope somewhere enjoying the outdoors! Anyway thanks to all for the replies.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Lol did Mike let you try out one of his bridges?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Nope, I lent him my real JRB BMB for a couple weeks. I guess it did the trick. And I just got it back from him today, no worse for wear.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks Fishinfinn. I got email notification about shipment today. Looks like it will be less than a week from when I placed my order with the Jacks until I get it. That even includes the weekend. So far great service from a great manufacture. I am looking forward to my new toy!

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    Great! You guys rock. I was able to try one of these hammocks and cannot believe how comfortable they are. I am really looking forward to using it. Now its time to save for tarp (deciding between hammock hut and the 11x10) and a Mt. Washington UQ this fall. You guys make awesome gear. You say you were out of the shop friday... I hope somewhere enjoying the outdoors! Anyway thanks to all for the replies.
    RT,

The BRMB really is a flat laying comfortable hammock....

Friday was a family day....grand daughter time and finish up the taxes so our honey dos and responsibilities will be done....Sooooo, we can hike for a few days and end up at the MAHHA..... AHHHHH.... a Week of hanging and hiking.

Your JRB BMBH should be delivered Wed or Thurs.... Enjoy!....

Come to the MAHHA if you can.... Really great group.... Super site.....worth the trip.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Got it today!

Wow that was fast service. Thanks alot Jacks
    RT,

The BRMB really is a flat laying comfortable hammock....
    Thats the truth. Up to this point I have been using an ENO double. I can get pretty darn flat in this hammock. Flat enough by most standards but not for me. I was searching for the flatest, most comfortable lay. A forum member was kind enough to loan me his BMBH and I was sold.

Friday was a family day....grand daughter time and finish up the taxes so our honey dos and responsibilities will be done....Sooooo, we can hike for a few days and end up at the MAHHA..... AHHHHH.... a Week of hanging and hiking.

Your JRB BMBH should be delivered Wed or Thurs.... Enjoy!....
    Wont be a problem there!

Come to the MAHHA if you can.... Really great group.... Super site.....worth the trip.

Pan
    I'm sure it is worth it but cant justify it this year, maybe in the future. Thanks for the invite

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast