HH ultralight
    Tarp
    stock (looking)
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Stock

Installing the whoopie slings on the Hennessy Hamock

So I just received my Order from Dutch (THANK YOU!!!!). I"m very please with the shipping speed and service. My standard line was starting to fray after a year of use, I was probably a bit rough on it. So I ordered the whoopie slings with the dutch hook and tree huggers. My question is watching the whoopie slings youtube video on how to install the slings they talk about the all in one system and just whoopie slings. Which is this technically using. I want to think just the whoopie slings but is it possible its the all in one system. It says if your using the whoopie slings to attach using the fixed eye of the sling, but if using the all in one then you need to use the continuous loop. I'm assuming that the fixed eye is going to go connect to the hammock and the continuous loop will pass through the fixed eye and then that will attach to the dutch hook. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by le_butters View Post
    ... I'm assuming that the fixed eye is going to go connect to the hammock and the continuous loop will pass through the fixed eye and then that will attach to the dutch hook. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
    Did you order whoopie hooks (which are for hammock suspension) or Dutch hooks (which are for tarps lines) and did you also get a continuous loop?

The continuous loop needs to go on the hammock. It's made longer specifically for the HH. The whoopie hook that's already spliced on the adjustable loop of the sling then attaches to the continuous loop that's on the hammock.

If you ordered just the whoopie slings, Dutch makes them longer at the fixed eye end for the HH.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    HH ultralight
    Tarp
    stock (looking)
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Stock
    I only ordered the Dutch Buckle with Whoopie slings. On Dutch's site they have the category that for the complete system using the Dutch Buckle. So I ordered everything minus the Dutch Clip (may order if I see the need). So I was sent the tree huggers the dutch Buckle and the whoopie slings. I am thinking that the Fixed loop is the end that needs attached to my hammock so that the adjustable loop is the end that will go around the Dutch Buckle. I'm not 100% though and I'm going camping the 9-12. If anyone can verify that the fixed eye is the one that needs to go through the hammock or the adjustable please let me know.

Thank you!!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Another video on the subject here....
    Carry forth
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by le_butters View Post
    I only ordered the Dutch Buckle with Whoopie slings. On Dutch's site they have the category that for the complete system using the Dutch Buckle. So I ordered everything minus the Dutch Clip (may order if I see the need). So I was sent the tree huggers the dutch Buckle and the whoopie slings. I am thinking that the Fixed loop is the end that needs attached to my hammock so that the adjustable loop is the end that will go around the Dutch Buckle. I'm not 100% though and I'm going camping the 9-12. If anyone can verify that the fixed eye is the one that needs to go through the hammock or the adjustable please let me know.

Thank you!!
    With what you have, you are correct . The fixed eye goes on the hammock and the adjustable loop of the whoopie sling will go around the buckle once its on the webbing. Is the whoopie sling you got made for the HH. The distance from the fixed loop to where the adjustable bury exits is made extra long for the way it is wrapped around the ends of the HH.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    HH ultralight
    Tarp
    stock (looking)
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Stock
    This is what I ordered from the website
    http://dutchwaregear.com/hennesy-dut...ie-slings.html
    I watched the video shug last week and that was why I was trying to figure out what system I had so I could use either end. Thank you for posting it for me again though so I don't have to go through the process of looking around when I change the suspension. Thank you both for all the help. I'll be doing the switch in the next couple days so I can get it out and do some testing before I go camping. I'm thinking I need to get some para cord for my fly That way I don't have to rely on it hanging from the the whoopie slings.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Tadpole, UGQ H12
    Insulation
    Leighlo, HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I just upgraded both of my Henessey hammocks to Dutchware whoopie slings. Super easy to make the swithch and results in a slicker, lighter, easier setup.

Great upgrade!

Cheers,

Coach

Hammock
    Switchback and WBBB
    Tarp
    Cuban w/ Tarp Flyz
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Yes the fixed eye on the Dutch Buckle suspension is for the hammock end. That leaves the adjustable end of the sling to go over the Dutch Buckle.

There are some newer Hennessey's out there that you do not need the extra length for. They did a different setup on some we noticed down at trail days. I do not have all the details but if you put a 15" loop on your HH and have 10-12" hanging out then that is the style I speak of. So you may not have it wrong in the setup it just may mean you could use smaller loops or a smaller lead as in this example. I suggest you take a look under the cover at the end of your hammock and order the smaller loops or standard sling if you can. It is real nice when you can get as close to the trees as possible.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    asym Hennessy
    So, I'm getting ready to make whoopie slings for my Hennessy Expedition hammock and have looked at a number of posts and videos about installing the whoopie slings and --- now I have a question. Hennessy discourages changing their suspension system using the rationale that the hammock and suspension should remain "fabric to fabric". Why go to the trouble of removing the end cover, cutting and removing all of the wrapped suspension cord? Why not just tie a bowline at the point the cord exits the cover, cut off the excess line and attach a carabiner for connecting to a whoopie sling? This seems more straight forward, compliant with the hammock manufacturers's recommendation and thereby not voiding their warranty, just as effective for implementing the advantages of the whoopie sling. What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by warcun; 01-04-2017 at 17:51.

• + New Posts