Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    I'm going to put this out just because I don't want it to be a last-minute surprise since I've volunteered to do some CPR/first aid training. And because I know how much you guys will miss me.

So as much as I hate to think about it I may be missing this one despite my best efforts. I'll post back when I know for sure.

Hey, at least the good news is that my PC works enough that I can post this. Might as well since I can't do much else.
    Wow, that is bad news. (I hate technology ) We're still hoping you get it to cooperate in time. Please let us know. Even if it's late Monday/Tuesday - we'll save a couple of trees for you.
    HangCon Sign Up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    One thing I would like everyone to bring. While there is plenty of food, I try not to buy too many plates, cups and plastic silverware. Everyone should bring a bowl and plate, an eating utensil, and a suitable cup for hot and cold liquids.

I will provide napkins, paper towels and dish washing soap.

I will also be bringing some Febreeze and TP for the bathrooms (Guys and Gals)
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    I'm going to put this out just because I don't want it to be a last-minute surprise since I've volunteered to do some CPR/first aid training. And because I know how much you guys will miss me.

My time off is already scheduled. Unfortunately, prior to my Christmas vacation my work PC received an encryption update (everything I work on is encrypted). I've been back at work since Thur and have yet to be able to do anything. They've been trying to decrypt my drive for a week and things aren't looking good.

Why does this matter? I'm in the financial services industry and I have a regulatory deadline to meet or we face Federal fines. I haven't been able to do the first thing on the project and I have to be done by 1/21. And that includes allowing time for the business analyst to validate all of my code changes. The next attempt is supposed to take 24 hours so that knocks another full day off my ability to work. Only then it'll be completely unavailable to me.

So as much as I hate to think about it I may be missing this one despite my best efforts. I'll post back when I know for sure.

Hey, at least the good news is that my PC works enough that I can post this. Might as well since I can't do much else.
    My prayers go out to you in your work that you make your deadline. I also hope you make the hang and will see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    One thing I would like everyone to bring. While there is plenty of food, I try not to buy too many plates, cups and plastic silverware. Everyone should bring a bowl and plate, an eating utensil, and a suitable cup for hot and cold liquids.

I will provide napkins, paper towels and dish washing soap.

I will also be bringing some Febreeze and TP for the bathrooms (Guys and Gals)
    It goes without saying that Gumbo, along with the "hidden" bunch(behind the scenes), has done a marvelous job in getting the little touches done that make this the biggest, largest, and best group hang in the world(IMO).
    And Gumbo's gumbo is not to be missed

That being said, it's always a good idea and good practice to be self-sufficient from toiletries to food to activities. That way, there is no way we can have a gap in anyone having a great time.

Things will be forgotten and left behind and we usually jump in to help. Seeing someone in need and having 6+ folkes dig their packs to help is a wonderful trait and thanks to all for this great community.

Respect and mindfulness of others have been a wonderful trait of the Florida Hang in the past and I just love telling others about our great time. I know it will continue and can only help us in teaching others about outdoorsmanship and husbandry of our enviroment.

See you next weekend.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    I will be bringing a couple of rolls of brown paper towels for the kitchen.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    WB
    Tarp
    UGQ WD +2 pole mod
    Insulation
    Detail UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    mostly reliable!
    Images

Gypsy Darlings….

When I told them that you weren't going to be there, they made other plans and and now they aren't going to be there either!

My time off is already scheduled. Unfortunately, prior to my Christmas vacation my work PC received an encryption update (everything I work on is encrypted). I've been back at work since Thur and have yet to be able to do anything. They've been trying to decrypt my drive for a week and things aren't looking good.

Why does this matter? I'm in the financial services industry and I have a regulatory deadline to meet or we face Federal fines. I haven't been able to do the first thing on the project and I have to be done by 1/21. And that includes allowing time for the business analyst to validate all of my code changes. The next attempt is supposed to take 24 hours so that knocks another full day off my ability to work. Only then it'll be completely unavailable to me.

Hammock
    WB
    Tarp
    UGQ WD +2 pole mod
    Insulation
    Detail UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    mostly reliable!
    Images

Paddle trip schedule…(change to the spreadsheet)

Anyone is welcome to join me on any of the following destinations. Friday I will paddle Juniper Springs. Saturday I will do an out and back on Alexander Spring run. There are showers at Alexander Springs! Sunday will be Silver Springs to see the monkeys. This is the most taxing trip. It's six miles to the actual spring but around the four mile mark there should be a good chance to see the monkeys. The six miles to the spring is against the current. The six mile paddle back is with the current and is quite quick. Many people paddle this river in sit on top and inflatable kayaks as well as canoes. It will be a long day because it is a good distance from the campsite! Monday will be a catch as catch can paddle trip. There are many opportunities to get a paddle in as you leave the hang. We can discuss places to paddle and I will most likely be paddling on Monday.

If you would like more information on any of the above listed paddles, PM me with your email address and I'll send you a word document with more information.

Remember that I am only going along as a member of the group. I am in no way a trip leader nor will I be providing any services for these trips only information on some of the areas to paddle in the Ocala National Forest and surrounding areas. Buck Lake is a nice place to practice any paddle skill you would like to improve upon.

Hammock
    WB
    Tarp
    UGQ WD +2 pole mod
    Insulation
    Detail UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    mostly reliable!
    Images

Post Hog!

Will anyone be bringing any musical instruments? Guitar, drum, harmonica, banjo, voices...

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Noooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by itsandy View Post
    When I told them that you weren't going to be there, they made other plans and and now they aren't going to be there either!
    I'm looking for a new job.

Ok, back to work.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite Zip
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    20 HG Set + 50 TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    That sucks JaxHiker! I hope all goes well for you. I was looking forward to meeting someone else from J-ville.

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Don't worry P Chang, there are several J-ville people that come to the hang!

• + New Posts
  • Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast