Simplicty then Complex

Hey Guys,

Obviously new...but I was sifting through this forum here to get some learning. Well say, when I found out about hammocks, I was overjoyed.

Then I did some searching, first only finding HH hammocks. Not terribly impressed by the pictures...but still looking good. Then I found JH and their site blew me away, but sadly...after exchange rate & customs & delivery, a North American model would cost me around $460 (for a $300 US model).

Now I came in here and found out there is like 6 other brands including the fabled Warbonnets. *sigh* Now I'm really confused.

I'll give some specs and what I want to do with this hammock...and hopefully I can get some help here...

6'4 & about 190 lbs. My wife will be in on this although much more modest then me at a meager 6' & 140 lbs.

So, we were thinking of using these as a lounger, chair, long hike, short hike, week long expeditions, overnighters or anything inbetween. I'll be setting up some logs set in the ground in the backyard so I can set them up for lounging, reading and sitting around, so that's a pretty important as well. Probably double as sitting around the fire or reading a book on a sunday afternoon.

Living in Canada, that counts for something as well...Be doing hiking in BC, Ontario and Manitoba so it'll cover a range of temperatures and seasons, and I'd rather just make the best choice I can from the get go instead of buying a hammock and then cursing 4 months later wishing I had bought something better.

Thanks =D

Hammock
    2 Warbonnet BlackBird & Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SF+
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Welcome Dark
    You have hit the Jack pot for Info on Hammocks
    Plus most of the Hammock makers are members to this Forum.

And if You winter Camp in Canada Your Really gonna Love it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Something in the water up there that makes you guys so tall?

The fabled Warbonnet Blackbird does live up to the hype. Awfully good hammock. Someday there may come a better one, but for now it has few rivals.
    Welcome to the forums!
    Trust nobody!

Hey thanks guys for the welcome...

Now as for the warbonnet, since it caught my eye...There's no email to get ahold of him so how do I get ahold of him?

And I wonder if the Blackhawk covers all the features I'm looking for. If it does, then it would be a no brainer to get it, but I wanted to make sure.

That and I wonder about the weather cover/shield (I don't know the name of it) but I think the only one he has is the Superfly...which is the sweetest looking thing I've ever seen, but it does have its cost, $225 for just the fly. So ya...

I think it is the water up here

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    The maker of the Warbonnet is a member here. Just shoot a PM to "warbonnetguy" he'll get you set-up.
    SuperFly is expensive, but oooo so sweet!
    Trust nobody!

*thumbs up* Right on..I knew he was a member here, but I couldn't remember his name for the life of me.

Thanks Cannibal.

Hammock
    2 Warbonnet BlackBird & Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SF+
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Yea Ill 2nd what the Cannibal posted
    The way I see it is the SuperFly does take a bit to make Plus I never have to worry about the quality
    Warbonnetguy (like most of he builders here) Allways takes the time to answer and help you with the Product.
    He is a one man show there.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    I started with the Claytor Jungle hammock and I really think it is a great value and it has served me well. I am 6'2" and 250, my wife has one at 5'4" and 115 soaking wet. We both use them about 270 days a year.

While we love them, I believe in the wisdom of my colleagues here and will be purchasing a blackbird soon. Welcome, we use ours in our woods around the fire and most nights just hanging on our open front porch. The water bed is reserved for extracurricular activities.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Brain storm: A hang out in Canada. Then we can show Dark what is out there in hes own backyard.

Oh yea: Welcome aboard!

Remember there is a learning curve with hammocking, so once you get one, be patient. Once past the learning curve, set up is SO EASY! And you can camp so many more places.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

• + New Posts