Tarp
    DW Dyneema/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    EE RevX / HG Inc.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas / Mantis
    Images

Packsize EnLIGHTened Equipment Revelation X

Someone once asked for the packed size of the RevX topquilts. Having now the 3 temperatures (each 30% overfill - Wide/half taper - 6'6"), I thought I can show some pics. Other specs can be found on their website.

The lightgreen is a 40F Revelation (not X) with 10D inside and 15D WR outside, very nice feeling !

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375373915.864498.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375374057.755063.jpg

The olive green is a 20F RevelationX

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375375557.584231.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375375571.332107.jpg

The black is a 0F Revelation X

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375375621.846943.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375375633.098345.jpg

The packsize is really compressed ! The bottle is 1 Liter.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incu/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    nice collection! i was asking around recently, do you have any concerns with the zippers/extra buckle attachment point thingies damaging the hammock?

Hammock
    DH Darien / WB RR
    Tarp
    DW Dyneema/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    EE RevX / HG Inc.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas / Mantis
    Images
    I have been sleeping now for 1 year with the 20F, which is the standard model. It has a snap as well where the zipper stops, so that could act as a protection. Tim uses lock zippers that stay in place.

I'm quite restless before I sleep & when I wake up with a lot of turning, which is why I chose the wide format. I'm also a warm sleeper so at temperatures above freezing, I leave the TQ mostly completely open, just tightening the bottom with the cord, so that my feet stay under it. The zip never moved and made no damage to my hammock. But the hammock is made of 2.6 Crinkle Taffeta (Dangerbird), so I'm not worried. Because I move my legs a lot before I sleep, I don't like sewed footboxes.

The 0F and the 40F are customized, with the zipper going all the way up like in traditional sleeping bags. I asked for this just in case and with little intention to use it. I used both quilts a few times and I'm very pleased with the work.

I must admit that I never actually thought about the possibility that the zipper could damage the hammock. I hope I can still sleep without thinking about it
    Last edited by Womble; 08-02-2013 at 03:23. Reason: additions

Hi,
    sorry to bring that topic up, but I'm interrested in the revelation, or revelation X to replace my actual sleeping bag, and that's the only topic where I found nice pictures of the packsize (which is one of the most important thing for me).
    How many liters does the packing do, for the 40F revelation X ?

I have a Valandre bloody mary sleeping bag, which packs up top 8l once compressed. The difference doesn't seems that big on the picture, but maybe I don't realize very well. I will still save 600g and get more confort with a quilt (my sleeping bag is too warm for most of the conditions I camp), but I'm still wondering if it's worth the money.

cheers

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have two of the RevX's and have never had any issues with them. Great TQs
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DH Darien / WB RR
    Tarp
    DW Dyneema/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    EE RevX / HG Inc.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas / Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by niquedouille View Post
    Hi,
    sorry to bring that topic up, but I'm interrested in the revelation, or revelation X to replace my actual sleeping bag, and that's the only topic where I found nice pictures of the packsize (which is one of the most important thing for me).
    How many liters does the packing do, for the 40F revelation X ?

I have a Valandre bloody mary sleeping bag, which packs up top 8l once compressed. The difference doesn't seems that big on the picture, but maybe I don't realize very well. I will still save 600g and get more confort with a quilt (my sleeping bag is too warm for most of the conditions I camp), but I'm still wondering if it's worth the money.

cheers
    The 40F is the first picture "light green" quilt. The bottle is 1l, my guesstimate of the packed size of the 40F is abt 2 liters. (3.5l for the 20F / 5l for the 0F)

The 40F is very light, with the 10D material you can actually see the down inside the quilt.

• + New Posts