Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Got the Amsteel and SMC rings installed today. Did a test hang in the yard, added the ridgeline and played around some more. So far it's looking good! I left in a couple feet of extra line on the ridgeline so I have room to dial it in a bit better. I'll put up some pics tomorrow, but basically it looks just about like RAW's setup.
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

Hammock
    switchback
    Hey sir Nothing---How is your set up? did you finially get it dialed in? I will be working on mine this weekend...i already have the rings and straps, but want the ridgeline to keep the netting up...What length rope did you end up with for the ridgeline and did you use a prussic knot like raw did?
    Thanks

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Straps dutch-clips
    I posted somewhere else about this too, but . . .

I adjusted my setup so that the ridgeline runs straight through the plastic d-rings. I got rid of the shock-cord . . . just made sure to leave plenty of slack in the netting to allow for movement when I put my weight in the hammock.

Hammock
    switchback
    Raw--
    Thanks for sharing...i have fought with my clark set up for over a year now and i think i am on the right track now....does anyone run a ridgeline no the inside of the bug netting?

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    I've run a cord inside my bug netting for hanging my fan in the summer time and for socks, my flashlight and stuff at night. Tied the cord to those two loops that are already there (bowline knot on one side, tautline hitch on the other side) And used that type of cord that lights up when you shine your lite on it.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaLouise View Post
    I've run a cord inside my bug netting for hanging my fan in the summer time and for socks, my flashlight and stuff at night. Tied the cord to those two loops that are already there (bowline knot on one side, tautline hitch on the other side) And used that type of cord that lights up when you shine your lite on it.
    Same here. Ran some paracord between the two loops. Gives me a place to hang my Orbit, iPod sling, wet socks, glasses, whatever.

My ridgeline length is 132" between the two sets of SMC rings. I don't know off hand the lengths on the suspension lines from hammock to rings... I made some field adjustments on the last night of the Northern Hang, and all I know is the triangulation I ended up with was super comfy!

And yes, currently I have shock cord/prussik knots from the netting to the ridgeline.
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Veries
    Insulation
    arbridge UQ, & OTH
    Suspension
    Cinge Bukles
    Images

where at?

Quote Originally Posted by RAW View Post
    I finally got the SMC rappel rings and 3mm Amsteel blue.
    I just sat down and tied it all on.

I came up with the lengths by setting up the hammock with my normal cinch buckle setup. Then I ran a completely separate ridgeline that held up the netting. From there, I measured from the ends of the hammock, along the straps to where the separate ridgeline intersected.

Here's my wife laying in it:

I tied some shock-cord into a loop with a prussik on the ridgeline to hold up the netting
    where did you get the SMC rappel rings and 3mm Amsteel blue from?

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    You can get all the supplies you need for this at Arrowhead Equipment. He has rings that are not SMC but have held me off the ground and I am at 300lbs. He also has amsteel for sale and the webbing needed for the straps.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    WBBB (1.7,1.1) Nx-200 and ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly and MJ
    Insulation
    Pad and HG UQ
    Suspension
    Straps with mods
    Interesting thread. I've been messing around with my NX-200 and have quite a few nights in it now, including two 10+ day trips.
    A problem I see with my hang is the netting issue no matter how I adjust it. I can see right now that I have to come up with a ridgeline fix.

Thanks for posting this info.

This is my first post. I've been researching hammocks online reading more reviews and watching more descriptions on youtube than I care to admit. I thought I was set on getting the Hennessy with shelter system....However this thread has pushed me to the Clark.

I found a good NA Camo on Craigslist and just sent payment. It's currently set up with whoopie slings and treestraps.

The primary reason I had wrote off Clark happened to be because of the fact there was no structural ridgeline.

I plan on installing the drip rings between the smc's and hammock as well, just incase my ridgeline length leaves the smc's outside the tarps coverage. I have no desire to get wet.

Thanks once again for this very informative thread. I trust my Clark will last me many years of weather proof slumber!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast