Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exped Ergo Combi June 2013 production model

Purchased this in July and supposedly the shop I bought it at was waiting for production to replace their stock so I was told that the one I bought was from a June production.

First time set up was super easy after watching vids on the Exped site and Youtube clips out there. I noticed some differences right away from my purchased hammock and what are, what I assume, the pre-production models in the videos.

First, the "cord keepers" or "snake skins" are by no means long enough to cover all the cords as shown in the Youtube vids. I have also been unable to locate a snap to secure the cord keepers when they are in use covering the cords. I have searched and searched. It is possible to stuff, and I mean to STUFF, the cords into the cord keepers but it is a challenge and work and since there is no snap to secure them, it is challenging to keep the cords in.

The other change that seems to has occurred in production, at least on my model, is that the self-storage bag for the bug netting has been eliminated. It fits easily into one of the two storage pouches that are in the hammock itself, but again, the videos talk about the convenience of the self-storing pouch which mine just doesn't have.

I am really happy with the hammock and since I have a medical condition that only allows side sleeping, I love the ease of use and comfort of this hammock. I use it as recommended with an Exped Synmat 7 LW mattress and it is really comfortable and in my overnight trials it has been both comfortable and warm.

The only thing I don't like about it so far is the lack of info provided by Exped. There were absolutely no instruction or diagrams provided in the packaging. Like I said, it is a super easy hammock to hang, but I feel a diagram would be helpful and it is shocking that one hasn't been provided nor that the homepage for the Exped Ergo Combi has not been updated to explain the production model.

My next step here at this wonderful forum is to try to track down a customer service contact for Exped as I haven't found one yet on their homepage.

If anyone has any questions about the Exped Ergo Combi, just let me know and I will do my best with my newbie knowledge to answer!

Greetings from the Roadside!!!!
    Last edited by Roadside Revival; 08-04-2013 at 11:44.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Leigh's Uq /UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Woopie/Dutch
    Is this a contact number? I saw it here: http://www.exped.com/exped/web/exped_homepage_na.nsf/
    Contact Information in USA:

Exped LLC

Phone: 866.326.4586
    Fax: 866.633.2406
    Email: [email protected]

Exped LLC Hours:
    8am - 4pm (west coast time)
    Monday - Friday

Contact Information in Canada:

In-Sport Fashions Inc.

Phone: 800.465.9637
    Fax: 514.385.9940
    Email: [email protected]

Thanks D Ring! I think I am automatically redirected to a Euro page for Exped.com and they don't have all the contact info like the link you supplied. I now have found a Customer Service page for Euro, Southern Germany in particular, where I currently reside.

Thanks again for posting the link!!!

Have they made it any longer? I got one right as they were released and my big issues were it being nowhere near long enough for my 6'2 self, and som stitching that came apart fairly easily.

After a few hangs, the stitching shows no issue, apparently it is 225 cm long. I am only like 5'11" and I feel I just fit perfectly so even with the supposed extra centimeters, I would think it would still sadly feel small on someone of a bigger frame than mine. It's a shame cause it is a nice hammock as far as I can tell.

I wrote to Exped and hope to hear something. Although it is super easy to set up without any real instruction, I seriously believe a paper-based diagram could have been included in the set to point out it's features.

Hammock
    DH Darien / WB RR
    Tarp
    DW Dyneema/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    EE RevX / HG Inc.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas / Mantis
    Images

Exped Ergo Combi June 2013 production model

The 2013 is 20 cm longer (nearly 8"). The old model was for max 180 cm, the new for 195 cm.I nearly got myself one last year, but didn't buy because of the size. Now it seems better, but I'll wait for someone >6' to try.

I watched the vids on the Swiss Exped site, when hanging the hammock, Andy doesn't mention snaps on the hammock side, only on the carabiner side. When unpacking/packing he just pushes the sleeves like snake skins.

Thanks for the info on the Swiss page. Seems Andi's "socken" are much longer than mine. Mine don't even cover the ends of the cords. On the pre-production model vids there was a snap for the cord keepers but apparently they were discontinued. I don't see this as being a huge problem, just thought I was missing something. Love the hammock though!

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    Had to search for a photo. Info on Amazon says best for up to 5'10".

Good review:

http://www.amazon.com/Exped-Ergo-Ham.../dp/B007NNO8MI

Hammock
    DH Darien / WB RR
    Tarp
    DW Dyneema/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    EE RevX / HG Inc.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas / Mantis
    Images
    On Amazon it's written "New for 2012", so its actually the old model which is 20cm shorter.

There is another review of a UL custom version of the EECH, nice read. The Ergo Combi was a bit shorter, shorter zip for the moskito-net, lighter material for the inner layer and a smaller tarp.

Exped Ergo Combi UL on the PCT
    Last edited by Womble; 08-05-2013 at 05:04. Reason: description customized Ergo Combi

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks for the great review! (and Im reallyglad the hammock has worked out for you!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast