Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    And for those that have looked for a dyeable nylon...they have white blanks.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Reminds me of my Phish touring days. Wearing multiple hemp necklaces with glass beads dangling bare foot spinning on the grass with my dread locks (yes I used to have dread locks) flying all over the place. I gotta get me one of these.
    Ahh, So you were a spinner! I just danced, but it was at Dead shows.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Yes Acer, we can make you a tie dyed bridge hammock! Hi everyone, my name is Jesse and I am the owner/creator and head seamster of HippieHammocks. Thank you for all of the positive comments. I am very excited to see the website (www.HippieHammocks.com) go live and generate interest so quickly. Production is on pause while I do Burning Man and the John Muir Trail but we are actively shipping orders. I will be updating the HippieHammocks Blog while I'm on the road and production will resume in the fall. Please feel free to email me if you have questions, ideas, would like to talk about a custom order, or just to chat.

Sincerely,
    Jesse the Hippie
    [email protected]

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    I think I just found a Christmas present for my Daughter. Thanks.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Yes Acer, we can make you a tie dyed bridge hammock! Hi everyone, my name is Jesse and I am the owner/creator and head seamster of HippieHammocks. Thank you for all of the positive comments. I am very excited to see the website (www.HippieHammocks.com) go live and generate interest so quickly. Production is on pause while I do Burning Man and the John Muir Trail but we are actively shipping orders. I will be updating the HippieHammocks Blog while I'm on the road and production will resume in the fall. Please feel free to email me if you have questions, ideas, would like to talk about a custom order, or just to chat.

Sincerely,
    Jesse the Hippie
    [email protected]
    How much for a custom hammock?
    Im feeling a total dip in tan with brown,green ,and black tie dye.
    The jungle garcia sounds like a good name for it.

Hammock
    Dutch netless wide
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiders
    Raz they look great! What is the weight on the hammocks and how long are the two sizes?

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Well,,you have to check the sizes,,as there are a couple of diff sizes for the Lgs,,,no definite size...and haven't checked the small. Makes no sense to me,,I emailed them and asked them if they had a 11' or could make one in 11' length,,,and haven't heard back yet..most are under 10'. Too small for me.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Love the hammocks... sort of wish there was more tech info on the nylon fabric they use. It says it will hold the weight of two people if hung properly but that doesn't really tell me anymore than "sewn from 100% nylon".
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Thanks adventuregirl! Just the hammock on a size large weighs about 12oz if I recall correctly, and the rope I haven't weighed. On my personal hammocks I use 3mm Vectran lines which add very little to the total weight.

Hi Hairbear, the Jungle Garcia sounds like a great color scheme. If you're willing to wait until I get production running again - sometime in December - I can do that for $100.

Toygun, what did you want to know about the fabric? I will see if I can find out from the supplier because, honestly, all I know is that it is white, weighs about 1.8oz/yard and it takes dye the best out of the nylons I have tested.

As far as sizing: each hammock is a piece of art. I make each one a different size in hopes that it will find just the right sized owner. When someone says they like a certain size, I make another one of that size. Or, if you catch me at the right time, I can just sew the size that you want. 11' is completely doable and is actually my favorite length. I am 6'.

I am in Santa Cruz, California working on a DIY hammock shelter for the Muir Trail. I'll be traveling for the next 6 weeks at least, so I apologize for the sporadic replies, thank you for bearing with me.

~Raz

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Thanks adventuregirl! Just the hammock on a size large weighs about 12oz if I recall correctly, and the rope I haven't weighed. On my personal hammocks I use 3mm Vectran lines which add very little to the total weight.

Hi Hairbear, the Jungle Garcia sounds like a great color scheme. If you're willing to wait until I get production running again - sometime in December - I can do that for $100.

Toygun, what did you want to know about the fabric? I will see if I can find out from the supplier because, honestly, all I know is that it is white, weighs about 1.8oz/yard and it takes dye the best out of the nylons I have tested.

As far as sizing: each hammock is a piece of art. I make each one a different size in hopes that it will find just the right sized owner. When someone says they like a certain size, I make another one of that size. Or, if you catch me at the right time, I can just sew the size that you want. 11' is completely doable and is actually my favorite length. I am 6'.

I am in Santa Cruz, California working on a DIY hammock shelter for the Muir Trail. I'll be traveling for the next 6 weeks at least, so I apologize for the sporadic replies, thank you for bearing with me.

~Raz
    Im in,11 foot jungle garcia.
    Pm me when done,ill get a money order out to you.
    enjoy the trail.....peace.
    ps.....dont forget to sign it please,and if u you will produce similar hammocks under that name could you designate it as the first. Thanks
    Last edited by hairbear; 09-11-2013 at 21:16.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast