Hammock
    DIY Speer type,double 1.7blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    winter pheonix
    Suspension
    webbing
    I would like to add to my first post on this thread if I may. I'm am soon to be a 39 year old who has worked in the construction field since 16 years old.At the age of 28 I hurt my back five times and the last time the doctors thought I would need surgery. The point I want to make here is when I lay in the bed many times in the morning, if not every morning. I wake up with my back so stiff it hurts just to put pants on. But as the day goes on it loosens up. Now when I lay in the hammock and this also goes for my DIY hammock. When I wake up the stiffness that I would deal with on a daily basis is not there. I'm going to assume its because there is a slight bend almost unnoticable in the hammock, but when you try to roll, which at least for me, that slight bend prevents me from getting on my stomache completely.

So now in my little french mind am trying to think of a way to install something in our bedroom so I can rig up the hammock on a daily basis. I am thinking of opening the wall to add some kind of support system in order to hang the hammock. I dont really want to put a hammock stand in my bedroom cause I'm sure my wife would not be happy. Not sure if anyone else finds these hammocks therapeutic.

If so please lets here hear it.

TY

Images
    lots of people find a good hammock thereputic, it supports your spine like a memory foam mattress. i could never sleep on my back till i slept in a hammock. i did get a memory foam mattress and i'll have to say it's pretty comfy. i can finally sleep on my back in bed, but before with a regular style mattress, forget it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    lots of people find a good hammock thereputic, it supports your spine like a memory foam mattress. i could never sleep on my back till i slept in a hammock. i did get a memory foam mattress and i'll have to say it's pretty comfy. i can finally sleep on my back in bed, but before with a regular style mattress, forget it.
    Same here - I used to wake up barely able to move some mornings when I was sleeping on a regular mattress. Getting a good quality memory foam mattress was one of the best investments I ever made.

Hammock
    Dual Layer 1.7 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Landau 3/16" pad
    Images
    I got mine yesterday as well. It is simply amazing. I will be spending the night out in the yard in mine. I as well got the eye roll from the wife after my excitement. i have never been in another hammock and don't care to be. I am buying a cheaper hammock forr my kids as I am not sure if they will stick with camping. If they do, I know what they will get for Christmas

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12