Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Academy tarp
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Webbing

Exclamation Eno doublenest help????

Ok I'm brand new to hanging and just bought an eno doublenest from rei today. It's set up and I'm in it in my backyard right now. When I lay in it the sides/edges fold over me, encasing me like a cacoon. Is this how it is supposed to be or do I have it set up wrong!? Can anyone help me? It's kinda hard to breath.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    To allow more slack on the side material, hang your supports higher on the tree and let the hammock have more sag. This will also allow you to lay further on the diagonal in the hammock, resulting in a flatter lay and less material draped over you.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    SLD TreeRunner, DD FL
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    DD UQ HG Econ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Yes listen to the wise sparrow. I had exact same problem and posted same question when I got my double. You just have to experiment with the sag.

Also this is definitely a lay on the diagonal hammock. Way comfy!

Aren't the folks here awesome - always patient with the less experienced.

cc
    Last edited by campcrafter; 03-17-2009 at 15:55.
    Campcrafter

I'd rather be in the mountains thinking about God, than in church thinking about the mountains.
    - John Muir

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Academy tarp
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Webbing
    oh yes thank you so much. I'm so excited to start hanging. Thank you also with your patience! I tried getting more of a sag and it makes it much much better. But it's raised one more question, do these hammocks stretch out over time? I don't want to wake up on the ground. Idk

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogbill View Post
    oh yes thank you so much. I'm so excited to start hanging. Thank you also with your patience! I tried getting more of a sag and it makes it much much better. But it's raised one more question, do these hammocks stretch out over time? I don't want to wake up on the ground. Idk
    No, the material itself won't stretch much at all over time, but the suspension might depending on what you're using.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Academy tarp
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Oh wow I wouldn't have guessed that. I'm using some webbing from my rock climbing gear to suspend the hammock. But I'm in love with my hammock so far, I'd like to get a good rainfly and bug net. But i'm going climbing and camping from Thursday till Monday. So I get to try out my eno in the field. yay

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Oh wow I wouldn't have guessed that. I'm using some webbing from my rock climbing gear to suspend the hammock. But I'm in love with my hammock so far, I'd like to get a good rainfly and bug net. But i'm going climbing and camping from Thursday till Monday. So I get to try out my eno in the field. yay
    Enjoy your trip.

Webbing works well, but nylon webbing tends to have more stretch to it than either polyester or polypro webbing. By design, that's good for climbing applications, but not necessarily for hammock applications. Whether the stretch is enough to be a problem for you in particular remains to be seen, though. Some people do fine with nylon webbing, and some don't. Use your current setup for a while, hanging with plenty of sag. See how much 'drop' you get from stretch. If it's not bad, keep using what you've got. If it is too much stretch, then swap it out for some lightweight polyester that won't stretch.

Happy hanging.

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Academy tarp
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Awesome thanks I'll do that. Anyone recommend the eno slap straps.? If the webbing doesn't work out that is.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    IMO you are better off with a webbing suspension due to a more widely adjustable hang system. It means you can tailor your sag to your likely more precisely in more situations.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Awesome thanks I'll do that. Anyone recommend the eno slap straps.? If the webbing doesn't work out that is.
    Specifically no. They're made of nylon. It's ironic that the ENO product itself is the wrong kind of webbing.

Don't worry - We can't figure it out either.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast