Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Ok guys, what gives?

It's been 4 weeks since I ordered my hammock. I need it in two weeks for a trip with my daughters (which is the reason I ordered it). Will it be here for my trip or not?

I called Brian with questions originally (twice) and he was great. I placed my order and haven't been able to get a hold of him since (via pm or phone). Called Shane a week and a half ago and he told me he'd get me fixed up. Haven't seen my order yet so I called today and never heard back. Starting to wish I'd done business elsewhere.

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Brian and Shane make each Hammock to order, if Shane said he'd take care of you I'm sure he is hard at work on it. These are two of the hardest working guys when it comes to cottage made hammocks. I'd suggest shooting them and email letting them know about your pending trip and asking them if they have a possible eta on your order.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Not to say that you're back burnered, but they do both have full-time jobs as well.

Their gear is top notch and their customer service is outstanding. I'll second Catavarie. If they said they'd have you squared away, you can take that to the bank.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    I placed my order 7 weeks ago and, as of Fri, Brian's email said my hammock would be packaged to be shipped Sat. I can't say when you'll get yours, but my experience seems to be the norm lately.

I also placed my order ahead of a planned trip, roughly 3 weeks ahead of it, anticipating their 2 week lead time. A few trips later I'm still waiting.

Most, if not all, vendors on this site make their products to order. I'm not sure why that's an excuse for these two, given the explanation on their website. I don't think anyone has questioned their work ethic.

MANY emails were sent, with mostly Shane responding. It's been my understanding that Brian was/is without internet. I understand their situation, and have said so in my emails to them. Using it as an excuse for the poor customer service, as they seem to be doing, is what I don't understand.

What I'm having trouble with is all the posts telling those of us waiting for their products that they're worth the wait. The quality of the product isn't in question, the customer service is. I placed my order based on many positive posts regarding their product AND service. I don't mind waiting, the site says most order arrive within seven days, but I do mind a wait 7 times longer than stated. A simple note on the website explaining the situation would go a LONG way towards preventing any misunderstandings, and keeping customers happy.
    Last edited by goobie; 08-06-2013 at 09:04.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    "A simple note on the website explaining the situation would go a LONG way towards preventing any misunderstandings, and keeping customers happy"

I would totally agree with this last statement. I understand its not their primary job, and then on top of things life can throw at you, you are busy. But saying so on the website would make everything so much better, especially in your situation, Goobie.

I am really looking to get a WWM but I keep hearing all these wait times upwards of 7 weeks. I figure I will just wait till their life calms down...if the website reflected that, it would be easier for me to know when that is too....
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    What I'm having trouble with is all the posts telling those of us waiting for their products that they're worth the wait.
    I haven't seen any of those...I've seen two posts saying that it's surprising that these two guys are falling behind but thus far their customer service has been exemplary.

...unless you're talking about a thread other than this one.

Nobody is invalidating the frustration people feel when something like this happens, but rather pointing out that it's unusual and shouldn't sour you on BIAS as a company.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    The vendor section isn't for order tracking or transaction communication. It's for product feedback and a place for the vendors to make announcements. I would suggest contacting them directly since it concerns an active order and not a product inquiry. IMHO.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Re: Ok guys, what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    The vendor section isn't for order tracking or transaction communication. It's for product feedback and a place for the vendors to make announcements. I would suggest contacting them directly since it concerns an active order and not a product inquiry. IMHO.
    This is the "Hammock Gear, Vendors and Services" section of the forum, with all due respect... seems like the perfect place to discuss vendors and service.

And beyond that, this is where people who are interested in ordering come for info on the gear and supplier... They have EVERY right to know other customers experiances before they order... good bad or ugly.

I know just when all this started I was deciding between dream hammock and BIAS. I almost went with bias due to waiting time alone... I DEFINITELY would have appreciated these posts at the time... especially since I got my dream hammock faster then I would have gotten the BIAS. (Based on order dates I have seen..)

People have a right to both sides of the issue so they can make a fair descision...

Hammock
    eno dbl wbbb 1.7 dbl,dangerbird72
    Tarp
    ugq wd 12
    Insulation
    kaq/ugq tq uq
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    there is another thread about this. and while quality is most likely worth the wait it is nice to know up front what that wait will be. there is a tarp maker that has had the same issues, and a quilt maker as well. its probably growing pains. the wait sucks so does poor communication. if its going to be a long wait its nice to know up front

Hammock
    DIY hammy
    Tarp
    prezidential suite
    Insulation
    diy underquilt
    Suspension
    straps n buckles

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    I totally agree. well said

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast