Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    Pares
    Tarp
    Nubé
    Suspension
    EZSlings
    Quote Originally Posted by HURTHEART View Post
    I like it, however, for some unknown to me reason, I love lots of angles on things, I just love centenary curves.

I wish you the best of luck with your new venture.
    Thank you HURTHEART! Much appreciated!
    Sierra Madre Research
    www.smr.camp

Hammock
    XLC Blackbird Multi-cam
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti multicam
    Suspension
    Webbing

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rhett View Post
    @breaker Thanks so much for the feed back we are working diligently to display all that our products have to offer, without cluttering the page up too much. Our first take on our video was 8 minutes, haha so we have had to cut a few things out.
    The more video the better.

Nube` is the name of the product and it is pronounced New-Bay. This is "SMr spanish" for Cloud of Protection. Thanks for the suggestion, but it's staying.
    When you explain it like this it sounds pretty catchy. I suppose if you called it NEW-BAY then ebay would had been all over you.

The "Sky Hooks" attach at the same elevation that you place your hammock suspension lines. I put them up high, because that is how I like it and because I can, I also needed to give people a good understanding of how it looks underneath through our video. It is definitely not necessary for the user to place them as high as I did.
    Would be nice to see it in different heights and how the gear holder comes to the ground.

Max user weight of hammock, if you will look at our website under "Additional Information" you will see that the recommended max user weight is 300lbs.
    http://www.sierramadreresearch.com/shop/pares/
    Thats a good weight.

Now I could go into great depth as to why I chose this number, but what it boils down to is legal reasons. People these days sue companies after they do stupid things, just the way the world is now. The Pares System has been tested to withstand over 1,000lbs. The system is as strong as I can make it and yet still maintain the light weight / packable design.
    no need for that I understand completely.

I appreciate your critical thinking towards my design, it is one that I have tested for three years, in very harsh conditions throughout the rain forests of Central America. I am proud of it and it functions exactly how I need it to.
    I suppose my posts sound critical. Thats happens in email too. You loose the emotion in the text when people type. Just questions nothing more...
    You must had taken video and photos when you where in Central America. Open the flood gates lets see them it would be so cool to see them

We are constantly working on new material to help people understand the Nube`. We will have set-up times and a video sometime this coming week.
    GREAT! I want to see more. I watched that video like 15 times. When someone is asking for my money I tend to look at the item very close. I check reviews from others and any other outlet I can find. I work hard for my money so before I spend it I want to make sure its worth every dollar.

I am not a large man (6'2" / 195lbs) however it has an ~11' long double zipper to make sure entering and exiting is easy.
    Your very experienced. it would be great to see some average joes and gals doing it. At the same time it would also provide you good feed back seeing them using it would it not?

Again, thank you for asking these questions I do appreciate the thought you have put into this. Please feel free to contact me if you have any more comments. I will get back to you as soon as I can, right now we are a little swamped.

Sincerely,
    Richard Rhett
    No hurry I am sure you are very busy. But please do not take me the wrong way. If I am asking you questions and being very black and white about it. Then its because I am thinking about dropping some money. I am not asking them to waste your time and mine.

Are these being made in USA? Or some other place?

When I check kickstart I didn't see anything where it says they will be made when you reach the goal and where the money will be spent?

Again its a question nothing more do not read more into it. I like to buy USA when ever possible and invest in USA when ever possible. Unless the person can explain to me on why it is not possible and for good reasons.

Most not all but the vendors web sites I have bought items from really are lacking in so many ways. Yours is not to bad I am a programmer by trade so I am a bit more critical when it comes to sites.

Any how.. look forward to your replies and your success.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Polarpod / UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/rings
    Hey Richard,

Welcome to Hammock Forums!

The nube looks like a very intersting product. I enjoy seeing new ideas, and vendors that are willing to jump on the forums and answer questions.

Hammock
    11 foot gathered hexon1.7
    Tarp
    11 ft winter dutch
    Insulation
    TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Spider Straps 1.5
    Quote Originally Posted by breaker View Post
    I think that he said that they were putting a group of craftsmen
    to work, and that they were from outside the USA.
    I could be wrong though... don't remember where I read/saw this.

Images
    Welcome Richard.

I know your brother-in-law at MHBC. We need to get together for a hang some weekend. Love the design and the concept of what the main purpose of this is. Prayers offered for your cause and the company.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    I think you should take one of these to some hangs so people can see it in person and hands on. I think it's a great concept, but have reservations about ease of use and if it really keeps wind driven rain at bay. I don't know that I'd buy it based on what I've seen so far, but if I could check one out first and be satisfied it lived up to the hype then I'd snatch one up in a heartbeat. I definitely love the innovation. But taking one to some hangs could go a long way in promoting among our lil community here.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by breaker View Post

Pretty sure I saw they are being made in Nicaragua.
    Brady

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Klymit
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Very cool, Richard. It would be interesting to what the setup looks like with an underquilt as well. A hammock / tarp / gear hammock / bug net / suspension weighing in at approximately 4lbs isn't bad at all considering the roominess of the shelter. I'm sure with the DIY spirit here and some weight savings on the hammock and suspension from people using their own ideas and tweaks, people could make a very trail friendly setup. I will continue to watch and maybe pick one up to try. Kudos for taking steps to try to make a difference in this world as well. All the best.
    A lotta ins... lotta outs... lotta what-have-you's

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UL and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Love the idea and what you guys are doing. A bit too heavy for me to back over on KS. But when you get an UL version I would be interested. Keep up the great work!!!

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Welcome to the Forums from Florida, where bugnets are put to the test.

I'm sorry I didn't research before I typed this (at work). Is there a lighter material option, like cuben fiber, in the works for the future? Just curious to see if this can be a lighter tarp. I know this will cause difficulty for the price point though.

Good luck on this endeaver and you are also invited to the Fourth Annual Florida Hang in January. Think of it as a vendor field trip and group hang to launch your product.

Thread to FH4-> https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=77085
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast