• Claytor

10 14.71%
  • Clark

2 2.94%
  • Other

7 10.29%
  • I didn't switch, but got a Blackbird cause they're cool

10 14.71%
  • It is my first hammock, no need to switch.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Thanks for the suggestions Lori. I clip the end mod biner to the amsteel line just above the whipping knot. I initially tried to tighten the corner cordlocks but found like you did that it produced too much tension and backed that off. I'm pretty certain the velcro slit was closed, but I suspect that the cold would have been felt in my upper calf area if that was the case, not the feet. So you don't experience the issue at all of the footbox extruding out and poking against the side of your underquilt? Maybe I'm just pushing my feet too far into the footbox. BTW, what temps have you gone down to with that setup?

Quote Originally Posted by lori View Post
    I have the line/strap suspension. I put the prussik in the shock cord on the amsteel below the ring buckles and the end mod biner slides down the line to the whipping on the hammock. I don't adjust the cordlocks on the corners of the quilt at all. If the middle biner is too high, it flattens the quilt and will give you cold spots.

Then again - I have the Hudson River, not the Nest. Did you double check the velcro was closed?

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by drewboy View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions Lori. I clip the end mod biner to the amsteel line just above the whipping knot. I initially tried to tighten the corner cordlocks but found like you did that it produced too much tension and backed that off. I'm pretty certain the velcro slit was closed, but I suspect that the cold would have been felt in my upper calf area if that was the case, not the feet. So you don't experience the issue at all of the footbox extruding out and poking against the side of your underquilt? Maybe I'm just pushing my feet too far into the footbox. BTW, what temps have you gone down to with that setup?
    It's not been too cold - went down to the mid 30s (f) without being cold at all in the hammock.

It's hard to say where my feet are at any given moment when I'm asleep. I move around a lot. I've awakened to find myself curled up on my right side, and I'm not that tall, so perhaps it's more a case of my feet not spending a whole lot of time actually in the footbox - I haven't noticed any issues with the footbox and the quilt. I've been hanging it with the foot end higher than the head end like I did with the HH - maybe that is pushing me up toward the head end?

Hammock
    Dual Layer 1.7 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Landau 3/16" pad
    Images
    It did not replace anything for me, it was my first hammock. I am totally satisfied with it. I slept in it last night out inn the back yard. Wow it was comfortable. I know I will never, ever, ever, go back to the ground. I used to toss and turn all night. My shoulders would kill me as well as my back. This thing was like sleeping on a cloud in comparison. My kids are after it now and they just took a nap in it. Then my wife who does not and would not go out in the woods wants one to lay in the back yard. What a great hammock Brandon, your design is awesome. I cant compare it to anything else as I stated this one is my first hammock, but I definitely have no reason to try anything else.

I also replaced nothing as the Blackbird is my first. I am ordering a Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock in the next few weeks, and after using both of them for a while I will begin to build my first hammock. I have a few ideas that I have not seen anywhere on the forums and I want to give them a try. Weight may prove to be a bit of a drawback, but I want a bridge hammock my lady and I can share, so my work is cut out for me. I know it sounds crazy, but I also know it can be done. This forum and it's contents and its creative minds are very addictive. Life is good, Nick ( I finally got to sleep in the Blackbird, and it is all it's cracked up to be, plus a lil more)
    If you ain't sure what it is, poke it with a stick . . .

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncranker View Post
    I have a few ideas that I have not seen anywhere on the forums and I want to give them a try. Weight may prove to be a bit of a drawback, but I want a bridge hammock my lady and I can share, so my work is cut out for me. I know it sounds crazy, but I also know it can be done.
    It sure can. Have you seen Dblhmmck's double bridge? Quite a few pics in his gallery.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    BB,HH, DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    MacCat, JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB underquilt
    Images
    I'm like Shug ...added the BB to my gear. I like the flexibility to be able to switch depending on the conditions or the distance of a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    It sure can. Have you seen Dblhmmck's double bridge? Quite a few pics in his gallery.
    Yes, and these were some of the pics that got my interest going full gear. I looked at the Clark's Vertex, but I wanted somthing much more square and suspended, like the BMBH or some of the tons of info from Grizz and others. Like I said, my work is cut out for me, but there are plenty of people here who have done much exploring before me, and I am sure if I have questions they will help me. Life is good, Nick
    If you ain't sure what it is, poke it with a stick . . .

Hammock
    DIY Camo Cocoon
    Tarp
    Tricked out SWT
    Insulation
    DIY 4 layer IX
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I switched from roots, rocks and other ground dwelling hazards.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Added. You can never have enough options. I should be getting my second BB shortly, so I will have a winter and summer version, and one that I can "play" with while the other stays pristine. I WILL be changing my winter version to a totally removable bugnet with a zip-in topcover/weathershield. A daunting task to keep the shape of the BB without the bugnet, to be sure.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    Added. You can never have enough options. I should be getting my second BB shortly, so I will have a winter and summer version, and one that I can "play" with while the other stays pristine. I WILL be changing my winter version to a totally removable bugnet with a zip-in topcover/weathershield. A daunting task to keep the shape of the BB without the bugnet, to be sure.
    I'd be very interested to see this when it gets done......probably gonna be close to next winter though ehh?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast