Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    I purchased one from X a few weeks ago, and if its better then that one, I must say it will be an excellent hammock! mine was 1.9 sl, and being past the weight limit concerned me but everything held nicely and while a ittle stretch it is quite comfy, and the netting was excellent, love the way he incorporated the adj ridgline and suspension .. EXCELLENT WORK!!
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL, 1.1SL traveler
    Tarp
    Edgespin,HGcubenPL
    Insulation
    HG Custom's x10
    Suspension
    Slings
    very impressive, nice work on the triangles at the end to make the zipper transition to the other side easy. very impressive
    Ultralite Gear and Apparel

Lukesultralite.com

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    XTrekker,
    A couple weeks ago in another thread you posted the following about one of my hammock designs:
    "In the evolution of my DIY hammocks, the most recent one has similar features to it and my next one will be almost exactly like it."
    Here's the link https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...2&postcount=38

Please stop copying my designs.

You have built and sold 5 hammocks in the past 5 weeks. The hammock featured in this thread is not a DIY hammock built for your own use, but rather built for and sold to another person.

If you want to be a hammock vendor, please come up with your own designs.
    Last edited by PapaSmurf; 08-10-2013 at 08:59.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Whoooooooooo Buddy.....mighty fine in the pines.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    XTrekker,
    A couple weeks ago in another thread you posted the following about one of my hammock designs:
    "In the evolution of my DIY hammocks, the most recent one has similar features to it and my next one will be almost exactly like it."
    Here's the link https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...2&postcount=38

Please stop copying my designs.

You have built and sold 5 hammocks in the past 5 weeks. The hammock featured in this thread is not a DIY hammock built for your own use, but rather built for and sold to another person.

If you want to be a hammock vendor, please come up with your own designs.

That post was talking about the zip off bug net and zip on top cover hammock and I was making one of those for myself and not to sell...I have never owned any of your hammocks so it would be fairly difficult to make an exact replica....This last hammock was just a basic hammock with a bugnet...I saw in the past many other people making them (not vendors) so I didn't realize that its design was owned by any particular vendor. I figured since it was a feature in circulation by the general public that it was ok...The ridgeline and suspension method for attachment to the hammock is 100% original as far as I know. I have never seen anybody else do it. It was never my intent to replicate your work other than the fact that I pointed out that my next personal hammock was going to be almost exactly like one of your hammocks because the features I was planning to put in my hammock were the same and not in the fact that I was copying you... My apologies to you sir if you feel that I have copied any design of yours...

I have never had any plans to start any kind of business selling hammocks other than just to temporarily offset the cost of my hobby while I am in school, and sell a few hammocks here and to people wanting a custom made hammock with whatever features they wanted.

Images
    It does raise some interesting questions.

I see a number of hammocks which are all very similar in design, the Blackbird and Hennessy seem to be the hammocks which stand out as having some unique design characteristics, and there are probably others.

Here in Australia the canvas swag is an iconic mode of camping and they are all very similar in design. I see the same issues with hammocks - at the end of the day there is only so many ways you can sew a piece of rectangular fabric.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Very nice work..so far the zipper part has been kicking my butt. Figure I need to take a break from it and regroup. The solution to my zipper problem will probably turn out to be something very simple once I figure it out. Part of the fun of the DIY.

Looking forward to your guide on how you are making the hammock.

At least I got the part of making the double ended stuff sack down pat.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Quote Originally Posted by jkchandler7 View Post
    Lemon
    I'm in the same boat too, getting ready to try to DIY a hammock and tarp. What weight ripstop do you think you'll use for your hammock? Most all I've seen has been 1.9, but the hammock setup we both commented on uses 1.1. Just curious.....so much too learn. Information overload sometimes.
    I'm going with the 1.9 ripstop more than likely. There is some cheap nylon at a fabric store where I'm at but I want to try the rip. the nylon they have here is much heavier but at $4 a yard it's hard to beat. I've been surfing here and sponging as much info as possible. These guys know their stuff! Good luck on your project!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by XTrekker View Post
    ...FYI, I am building a guide to how I make these hammocks and once they are all complete I will post them here in this section for everybody interested in making themselves hammocks using my hammock and suspension attachment design.
    XT,

Thanks for all the pics of your fine work! I look forward to your guide.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipsissewa View Post
    DIY Gear Supply by Backwoods Day dreamer (For a link, click HERE ) sells zippers by the foot and sliders at a very reasonable price. They also sell all sorts of great DIY supplies.

XTrekker: That's the bomb! Looks amazing!
    Didn't see any zippers there. A site search didn't bring any up either.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast