Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HH Deluxe?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    DaddyDaddy, a few weeks ago, my wife used the HH undercover for insulation and it worked fine. It got down to 61* in the Sipsey. She did not complain a bit and used a marmont minimalist 40* bag for TQ. This was borrowed to try it out so now I am going to DIY a UC for myself and probably start using that in the early fall 60-70* nights. So DIY you a UC and give it a try. I am just not a fan of any pads unless the hammock is made for it (in my opinion only double layers) I have the HH double bubble that I am going to use in the low 20's this year between my UQ and the hammock. Has anyone ever tried this and what was the experience?
    I understand. I did a stint with pads for me and it was not favorable. The boy does great with them though so when he goes that is the go to method for him.

Sad part is, I've got a nasty itch for a HG TQ that I'll probably have to scratch before too long. Getting more and more disinterested in carrying the 40* mummy bag. Small package with high warmth is calling like a sirens song.

My thread injecting skills are growing but not to the point where I'm gonna risk losing my faith over the dirty words I'd be saying trying to DIY a UQ, TQ or other downy awesomeness.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.9
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix 0 Degree
    Suspension
    Webbing straps
    My WBBB is a bit better than my HH Explorer when it comes to hanging...maybe it's because of the 30 degree angle with the WBBB as opposed to the "level" hang that is needed with the HH.

But like the rest of the members are saying, hanging the foot end has kept me in the middle of my hammock throughout the night.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL with Mod 4
    Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    I put my foot end at least a foot higher.. I find it gives me the best comfort..

Reason being.. your shoulders have mass and can push out all the ridges, your legs not so much. Putting your foot end higher puts you more towards the head side of the gathered end and gets your legs further from the gathered end which allows more slack for them to lay out better. It has completely solved the ridge under the legs issue for me..
    Last edited by Gary_R; 08-16-2013 at 13:25.
    My DIY Pulk Project
    http://www.landofrath.com/?p=573

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12