Thread: Nest

Nest

How well does the JRB Nest work for those who have one.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Check my BGT review. Note the disclosure at the bottom.

It's a great set - very high quality. Spendy though - if you can afford it, you get what you pay for. If you're using it as an underquilt on a non-Hennessy hammock, get the No Sniveler instead. JMHO.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    I pulled the velvro out of it and sewed the slit shut. I'm pulling the velcro out my Hennessy slit too. It' makes getting in a pain and my wool and lycra stuff catches on it. Get The No Sniveller.
    If you must choose between two evils, opt for the one you've never tried before

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I love my JRB quilts.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC

Thumbs up

I got my Nest a year ago and love it enough to be in the market for a JRB top quilt.

I ordered a Nest this morning! Going to use it on my hike in April. I just hope I get it next week.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm sure you'll be pleased. But here are the stages you'll go through...

1 - When you first pull it out of the box. "Holy crap - what is this?! It's barely heavier than a piece of paper! No way is this thing gonna keep me warm! I just made a $200+ mistake!"

2 - After playing with it on the floor as a top quilt. Man, I'm sweating. This thing is hot...maybe it really WILL keep me warm.

3 - After a few relatively warm nights (in the 50s). Man, this is the greatest product....much easier than wrestling with pads, much more comfortable and packable. I love it!

4 - In the middle of your first cold night...before you've figured out the little details about adjusting it to your particular hammock/body/hang. WTF is this?! I have to get up AGAIN in this freezing weather for another 1/2" adjustment?! Frustration. (Hopefully you'll figure it out right away and get the adjustments down easily...if not, post back here or call JRB and you'll get it figured out.)

5 - Once you have it figured out and know the limits of the system. "Rock on - great product! I love it!" Then, if you're like me, you'll keep experimenting just for the fun of it. Maybe you'll find something you like better - but I haven't heard of too many people that changed from an underquilt to something else. There are a few out there, but most folks are so happy with it (whether it's JRB, KAQ or homemade) that they stick with it for good.

Like I said, I think you'll be happy. Just remember that it's a bit different...learning curve and all that. If you have any problems, post them back here and I'm sure someone can help - put 3 hammock hangers and you'll get at least 5 theories on how to stay warm!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

I'll let you how it works next week. I should get it Wednesday or Thursday. I will be heading out on the trail that next Monday (9th April). I just got my GG ultalite pad so that will come with me also for a backup.

Images
    Check out Jeffs site and learn how to wear it as pants. hehehehehe. BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

• + New Posts