Hammock
    ENO Double
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images

Need help picking an under quilt for my ENO double nest

I love my double nest but even in the summer here it gets too cold to hang out without some form of insulation. I've tried my thermarest but I usually hang with a lot of sag and sleep diaganol in the hammock, so the pad doesn't work real well.

So I've decided to get an uq. Problem is that no one around here sells any and I don't know any other hammock campers. So Im looking for some first hand advice on which under quilts work well with the double nest.

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Anyone....anyone.... Buller?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Pretty much any of the commercially available underquilts work great with an ENO. JRB, Speer, Warbonnet, KAQ, etc. I think you need to narrow down your needs a little more specifically. What temps do you want to use it in, etc.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    The only ones I've used on my TrekLight double are the Speer Snugfit and the Warbonnet torso UQ. Both worked very well. Angrysparrow is right, I can't imagine any of them not fitting just fine.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I don't do much winter camping, but in the spring and fall plenty of nights get down around 28 or 30. So I'd need something that can keep me warm in those temps. I've already ruled out the peapod as I use the eno bug net.

Also do any manufactures offer an REI like return policy in case I order a uq and it doesn't work for me? I'm nervous about shelling out so much cash without every trying one.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by domromer View Post
    I don't do much winter camping, but in the spring and fall plenty of nights get down around 28 or 30. So I'd need something that can keep me warm in those temps. I've already ruled out the peapod as I use the eno bug net.

Also do any manufactures offer an REI like return policy in case I order a uq and it doesn't work for me? I'm nervous about shelling out so much cash without every trying one.
    I think that both JRB and Speer offer guarantees, but check that to be certain. What I do know is that if you aren't happy with an underquilt, you can list it for sale here on the forum and someone will probably take it.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by domromer View Post
    If only REI sold underquilts! Still a small market with only a few making them; which isn't all a bad thing. Nice to be 'forced' to work with the cottage shops.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    hammock
    Tarp
    tarp
    Insulation
    UQ
    Images
    I've been struggling with the same question for the last few weeks. After waffling back and forth between the Mt. Washington (JRB) and the Snugfit (Speer), which both look like excellent products, I ended up going with the Potomac (Kickassquilt).

I had several reasons for doing so, but the one that pushed me over the edge, was Mrprez responded to a question I had about it in minutes, and was not only willing to do some customization for me, but was completely prepared to do it prior to my even asking the question. That had to be rewarded, and I really didn't feel like I was taking much of risk by doing so. Something to consider though, in regards to that, is that all 3 of quilt makers likely would make the same effort. They all have excellent reputations for a reason.

The other huge reason for going with the KAQ, was that I was able to get one for $200 with that customization.
    Last edited by guySmiley; 03-23-2009 at 13:46.

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    i have just recieved a catalog from eno, they now offer a underquilt, its called "the ember" not on the website yet you can call them to request a catalog, or email them, it looks promising and priced at 180.00 i believe
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I just spoke to the folks at ENo. They said they are shooting for a release date of late summer. No info on the temp rating. It will be synthetic fill.

Maybe I'll wait, and try out theirs when it comes up. I imagine rei might carry it as they have all the rest of the Eno hammocks and accessories.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast