Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images

Mahha Spring Hang April 17, 18, 19

I want to remind everyone that the Mid-Atlantic Hammock Hanger's Association will have its Spring Hang on April 17,18,19 which is LESS THAN ONE MONTH AWAY!!!

The MAHHA Hang will be located, again, above the shelter at Crampton Gap on the AT in Maryland. The trail to the hang is accessed via the parking lot at Gathland State Park and HappyCamper has posted directions. Redtail may do the same and and post a "survey" so that we can get a head count to plan for how many burgers/dogs, etc. that I'll need to buy for the Saturday night cookout. Please bring a few $ to chip in for the food and anyone that would like to bring things other than the burgers/rolls/etc., please know that they are very welcome. Even if you don't sign up and can come at the last minute, please do. There will be plenty of food and plenty of room to hang.

This has been a family event, so kids and dogs are always welcome!!!

Other than the Saturday night BBQ, some interesting "events" have been added:

• There will be an equipment swap meet
    • We'd like everyone that has an interested to show the group their stoves/kitchen since there is such a variety of cooking gear out there
    • We had a raffle last year and a bunch of folks donated items for it. Not sure if we will do one this year. All of the excess $ goes to Attroll to support the Hammock Forum Website.

If I've left anything out, please pipe in.

There is plenty of parking and the shelter is only about a half mile walk to the site. There are plenty of places to hang on the hill to the left before you get to the shelter. Water is available at the spring at the shelter or from a faucet across the road from the parking lot. There is a privy at the shelter and there are also bathrooms in the park across the road from the parking lot. A covered pavilion is located in the park for our Saturday BBQ and as a place to gather if the weather turns really terrible. Someone will mark the trail from the lot to the site with colored ribbon. The trail is easy to follow and several folks, including NCPatrick and his daughter, Tinkerbell, walked in in the dark with flashlights in the past.

We had 20+ hangers at the last hang consisting of inexperienced and very experienced hangers of all ages using many different types of hammocks, both commercial and DIY. It's a great place to have fun, meet other hangers from the Mid-Atlantic area and beyond, and share ideas. The Jacks have agreed to attend again, and many of us really benefited from their friendly and experienced advice; so, this hang would be a great opportunity for both experienced and novice hangers to attend. We usually have a large campfire and depending on the weather, etc, we hope to have another one this Spring.

Email me if you have any questions. We're looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Any one planning on bringing their dogs? We may make this our pups first overnight camp out.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DGrav View Post
    Any one planning on bringing their dogs? We may make this our pups first overnight camp out.
    I'll be bringing my Newfie Misto. Don't worry...she's big but very gentle.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I would assume skydog and misto will be there. Radigast won't be unless he can pawhike down on his own. We'll have to keep a close eye on him that weekend. He loved it.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Yes, Skydog is coming and JayS and son are bringing Wiggle.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images

Wiggle is coming... so is the dog!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Yes, Skydog is coming and JayS and son are bringing Wiggle.
    Yes we are bringing Wiggle... but she's my daughter! (Just bustin' your chops Happy Camper! )

She got her trail name at MAHHA last spring because she kept wiggling so much she lost her top quilt all night long! My son doesn't have a trail name yet. Maybe Jiffy Pop would be appropriate since he tried to cook Jiffy Pop over a candle - it didn't work until Redtail and Thunderfoot pulled out a canister stove... hmmmm.

The dog is "Marlee" - he's the big fluffy Golden Doodle that barked at Misto from the safety of the car but didn't bark another time once he got out and had to look UP at Misto. Misto was very nice to Marlee, by the way.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH Stock Tarp
    Insulation
    WM Waffle Pad
    I think my girlfriend and I are planning on coming. Possibly bringing my dog for his first camping experience.

I was also wondering if there's an mahha website with other hangs and information on it?

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Ok, since so many other dogs will be there we will be bringing Rogue our six month old Entlebucher Mountain Dog.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by qpens View Post

Other than the Saturday night BBQ, some interesting "events" have been added:

We'd like everyone that has an interested to show the group their stoves/kitchen since there is such a variety of cooking gear out there
    If anyone is interested, I'd be willing to bring some aluminum flashing and tools to make custom Caldera cones.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Yes we are bringing Wiggle... but she's my daughter! (Just bustin' your chops Happy Camper! )

She got her trail name at MAHHA last spring because she kept wiggling so much she lost her top quilt all night long! My son doesn't have a trail name yet. Maybe Jiffy Pop would be appropriate since he tried to cook Jiffy Pop over a candle - it didn't work until Redtail and Thunderfoot pulled out a canister stove... hmmmm.

The dog is "Marlee" - he's the big fluffy Golden Doodle that barked at Misto from the safety of the car but didn't bark another time once he got out and had to look UP at Misto. Misto was very nice to Marlee, by the way.
    Oops! So sorry! Looks like I'm gonna owe Wiggle a donut or something!
    Last edited by HappyCamper; 03-25-2009 at 07:41.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast