Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Hammock

Hammock
    still looking!

Which Hammock

I want to purchase a hammock for my apartment and have been reading some here and on some hammock seller sites, and i think i want a Mayan or Brazilian hammock, but i'm just not getting enough information to feel comfortable with even that. Each description makes each hammock sound like the best in the world. Very few negative comments seem to be posted.

The apartment has two rooms: 13' 1" x 8' 11" and 11' 8" x 11', and the manager okay-ed putting in hooks in the studs for a hammock. A friend that parks by me, it seems, at least once a week. He can sleep anywhere, including the couch or floor. Nonetheless, a second hammock might be nice. Perhaps it is an option if i cannot decide between two, or to switch by season or the like.

I don't want to spend more money than i have to. Nonetheless, i will pay more for quality, or a few dollars more for some extra frills, say ten dollars or so. From looking on hammocks.com, i'd say i was looking at $70-$90 for a hammock.

The hammock is to be used every night, indoors. I am 5' 4" my weight is under 170 lb, and i usually sleep on my side. I prefer not getting too hot when i sleep.

Please help me decide on what to buy.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Tablecloth hammock.
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    TTTM single
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    rope and straps
    Ex side sleeper here and I'm say that OP eventually will sleep on the back rather side in that Brazilian hammock because had been side sleeper prior hanging in hammock:
    Ride fast
    Live fun

Hammock
    still looking!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Andersons View Post
    Ex side sleeper here and I'm say that OP eventually will sleep on the back rather side in that Brazilian hammock because had been side sleeper prior hanging in hammock:
    You never know.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ET's
    So I haven't personally laid in the Freebird from Dream Hammocks, but from the one's I have laid in and own, I would say that might be a good option for you. It also falls into the price range you are looking for, plus he puts out very excellent quality hammocks.
    Missy Lou - Senior Tarp Queen @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    two sleeping bags
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chacham View Post
    I want to purchase a hammock for my apartment and have been reading some here and on some hammock seller sites, and i think i want a Mayan or Brazilian hammock, but i'm just not getting enough information to feel comfortable with even that. Each description makes each hammock sound like the best in the world. Very few negative comments seem to be posted.

The apartment has two rooms: 13' 1" x 8' 11" and 11' 8" x 11', and the manager okay-ed putting in hooks in the studs for a hammock. A friend that parks by me, it seems, at least once a week. He can sleep anywhere, including the couch or floor. Nonetheless, a second hammock might be nice. Perhaps it is an option if i cannot decide between two, or to switch by season or the like.

I don't want to spend more money than i have to. Nonetheless, i will pay more for quality, or a few dollars more for some extra frills, say ten dollars or so. From looking on hammocks.com, i'd say i was looking at $70-$90 for a hammock.

The hammock is to be used every night, indoors. I am 5' 4" my weight is under 170 lb, and i usually sleep on my side. I prefer not getting too hot when i sleep.

Please help me decide on what to buy.
    subscribed. I am in a similar situation and would like to know the same info

Hammock
    TTTM single
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    rope and straps
    those Brazilian heavy cotton hammock will be strong enough to sleep full time in it for years to come. My big ole cotton hammock are almost 5 years of full time use and still going strong.
    Ride fast
    Live fun

Hammock
    still looking!
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy Lou View Post
    So I haven't personally laid in the Freebird from Dream Hammocks, but from the one's I have laid in and own, I would say that might be a good option for you. It also falls into the price range you are looking for, plus he puts out very excellent quality hammocks.
    Do i want cotton? I read over and over that it is more comfortable, and if inside, that would be best.

Is that true?

Hammock
    still looking!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Andersons View Post
    those Brazilian heavy cotton hammock will be strong enough to sleep full time in it for years to come. My big ole cotton hammock are almost 5 years of full time use and still going strong.
    There are so many variations. Color, size, and eh, fringe benefits :P. IIUC, i would sleep diagonal in a Brazilian, right? But what size does that need to be? Sorry for the newbie questions. I just don't know.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ET's
    Quote Originally Posted by chacham View Post
    Do i want cotton? I read over and over that it is more comfortable, and if inside, that would be best.

Is that true?
    Like I said, I've never tried the freebird...I have all the other ones tho...actually I just got my Roaming Gnome and I love it! Very spacious for turning on my side as well as the fabric is extremely soft. Im not an hammock expert or maker so I cant answer if cotton would be the best for you..my thought would be for you to just maybe contact Randy with Dream Hammocks and see what he suggests. He is very helpful and straight forward and will lead you in the right direction.
    Missy Lou - Senior Tarp Queen @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast