Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Hi Bruciehi5,
    I always forget to say thanks for the video here on HF since I like watching your videos in HD on youtube.
    Anyway thanks, you sure take some chances solo or maybe the video just makes it look more dangerous. I could just see myself falling face first of a ledge like the one you crossed several times.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Hi Bruciehi5,
    I always forget to say thanks for the video here on HF since I like watching your videos in HD on youtube.
    Anyway thanks, you sure take some chances solo or maybe the video just makes it look more dangerous. I could just see myself falling face first of a ledge like the one you crossed several times.
    You must always think of saying thanks, otherwise you couldn’t forget to actually say thanks. As the old saying goes, it’s the thought that counts. Thanks for the thoughts and the typed thanks! It’s nice to know you always watch them, AND, in HD!

I’ve always thought that the video makes everything look flatter, and that’s why I don’t get, “You shouldn’t be doing that sort of thing on your own” type comments.

As for the face first... Get yourself a full face helmet, problem solved. lol Helpful aren't I! Thanks OutandBack, it was good to hear from you!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    well I watched this the other day & thought I replied but it must have been a dream.

Another great video - that rock hopping sure takes more focus but I liked the scenery you were able to see.
    I liked the waterfall shot between the two trees, that was a nice find.
    And I kept thinking why isn't he swimming it looks so nice then you answered that when you said the temperature on the last night (36*)

Now you said the portals are like a narrow gateway on a computer. You might have to explain that one to me.
    What is the orange thing hanging from your ridgeline - water holder? (see 27:54).

Thanks again for the vid.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    well I watched this the other day & thought I replied but it must have been a dream.

Another great video - that rock hopping sure takes more focus but I liked the scenery you were able to see.
    I liked the waterfall shot between the two trees, that was a nice find.
    And I kept thinking why isn't he swimming it looks so nice then you answered that when you said the temperature on the last night (36*)

Now you said the portals are like a narrow gateway on a computer. You might have to explain that one to me.
    What is the orange thing hanging from your ridgeline - water holder? (see 27:54).

Thanks again for the vid.

Well, well, well, hello there TallPaul,

There’s probably no need to tell you that you may be having strange dreams. lol Anyway... it’s good that you got to watch it, and with the dreamy reply practice, you have scored yourself, Commenter of the Thread.

That waterfall was a big surprise, that took me by surprise. Even in the summer, it’s too cold for me to swim. The water seems colder on warm days.

Before I went on the hike, I looked up what a portal is, and one of the answers I found was that it’s like a web site that provides a single point of access to applications and information. The big rocks both sides, with a narrow opening for the water to go though is why it’s called a portal, The rocks provide a narrow point of access for the water to go through. I thought I had better know what a portal is, if I was going to walk from one to another.

As for the orange thing, it’s a bucket I just got myself (used it on 3 trips), that I fill with creek water, treat, and hang from a tree. I use the water for all general camp things from cooking to washing my hands. It saves trips to and from the creek. I like it a lot! It’s super compact and weighs 23 grams, or 0.81 ounces. It’s one of the few camping things I haven’t bought from the US of A. It wasn’t cheap, $34, which is about $30 too much, but well worth having.

Ultra-Sil® Folding Bucket
    http://www.seatosummit.com.au/products-page/leave-no-trace/ultrasil-folding-bucket/

There is a stronger one that would last longer, but it’s 3 times heavier.

Folding Bucket
    http://www.seatosummit.com.au/products-page/leave-no-trace/folding-bucket/

You are very welcome for the video, TallPaul!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    diy 1.1 oz
    Tarp
    diy cat cut
    Insulation
    hg incubator
    Suspension
    dutch whoopie hook
    Thanks for another good one Brucie! I was just saying to myself that the sky looked a different shade of blue when you mentioned something about it. I would also like to thank you for referring to your hammock as a hammy my two year old daughter was having trouble saying hammock (hamnock hamnick) but hammy flys right of her tongue perfectly. Have fun on the next on I look forward to seeing it.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Algonz View Post
    Thanks for another good one Brucie! I was just saying to myself that the sky looked a different shade of blue when you mentioned something about it. I would also like to thank you for referring to your hammock as a hammy my two year old daughter was having trouble saying hammock (hamnock hamnick) but hammy flys right of her tongue perfectly. Have fun on the next on I look forward to seeing it.

You’re welcome for the video, Algonz! The blue sky was short lived. All the farmers in the area decided it was a good time to do some burning off. So, the sky turned a smoky haze shade of whitish, brown, soon after. It was good while it lasted.

I stole hammy from, Mr Shug. He sometimes says hammy in his videos. I think I told him I was going to steal it from him, that and hunker down. I love saying hunker down!

Thanks for taking the time to watch the video, Algonz!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yessir.....you did hunker down in the hammy Down Under after that rocky road stroll.
    Looked really fun to do.
    Always enjoy the accompanying repartee from you as well.
    I want some of that strong water at the end)))))
    Whoooooo Buddy Brucie.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Brucie -
    Thanks for educating me on portals! I thought maybe you were going to some different dimension of time and space haha.

I'm going to check out that bucket - I have an older style dromedary bag - I am sure it is much heavier. I had just watched a review a few days before seeing yours and it had me interested.

TallPaul

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Yessir.....you did hunker down in the hammy Down Under after that rocky road stroll.
    Looked really fun to do.
    Always enjoy the accompanying repartee from you as well.
    I want some of that strong water at the end)))))
    Whoooooo Buddy Brucie.
    Shug

I’m VERY please to hear from you, Mr Shug! Being your busy time of year and all, I didn’t think you would have time to watch my report, but you did and I am as pleased as I am wrong. Hard to believe that I was wrong about something. Has to be a first time for everything.

It’s SO much fun to say hunker down and where better to do so than in the hammy. You’ve just expanded my limited vocabulary again. I like the idea of joining the two together – hunker down in the hammy. It’s double the fun to say!

I’m going to have to get the dictionary out to find out what repartee means. It must be good if you enjoy it. Oorrr, maybe it’s bad and you think bad is good. The bad kind of bad, not the good kind of bad.

That water is strong enough to put hair on your bum cheeks.

I feel pretty special getting a Whoooooo Buddy Brucie from you! Not everybody gets one of thoughs.

Thanks for taking the time to have a watch and see! I hope you’re planning your annual, home from work, solo hike.

Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    Brucie -
    Thanks for educating me on portals! I thought maybe you were going to some different dimension of time and space haha.

I'm going to check out that bucket - I have an older style dromedary bag - I am sure it is much heavier. I had just watched a review a few days before seeing yours and it had me interested.

TallPaul
    It wouldn’t surprise me if, while hiking, I went to another dimension. The way I hike, I could end up anywhere!

It’s kind of empowering to have that much water so close to camp like that. One trip to the creek is all I need. Which means I can spend more time in the hammy. It’s a bit early to say for sure, but the bucket has some kind of sticky tape on it that seals the joins. There are a fair few air bubbles under the tape. It seems to be delaminating. If you get one, it’s probably better not to keep stuffing it back into the little bag it comes with. At this stage, I still am, but long term, I think it might be bad for the bag’s shelf life.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuban
    Insulation
    3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Enjoyed that immensely.
    One thing, you said you're using the GoPro 2. How are you getting the audio to sound like you're right next to the camera, when actually, you're 30-40 feet away? It's like you're wearing a mic or something.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast