Thread: hh uq ?

hh uq ?

i havent been able to make finish my tarp yet. the sewing machine i was using was taken back and it will be a while before i can get it back from the owner. i am going to just buy one i think.

i happened to get the stuff together to make a uq. i have a hh expidition and was wondering how a uq would work with it. i dont understand how it works with the enterence hole.

can someone please explain this to me?

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    I have an HH with a homemade quilt too. I just push mine to the side, get in and it springs back into place.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    You essentially have two options. One is as redtail described which requires a suspension cord strong enuf to pull the cover back into place. My synth UQ's had that problem. The second option is to cut a slit and bind it off in the quilt itself. The suspension can be a little lighter in that case because you are not having to reposition the quilt after entry.

Other than cutting the slit the process of making the quilt can be very much the same. I have quilts that do both, slide aside and allow direct entry. Neither is inherently superior in my view.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

i'm still trying to get the new hammock out and test it but i cant right now and because of the hoa i cant do it in the back yard. so i'm trying to workout all the extras in the mean time. i have been reading a lot on the site and have several ideas i want to try. the only thing i'm going to use the first time out that isnt stock is some figure 9's. i really like that idea, however, i might try the surgical tube tarp tensioners too. anyway, thanks for all the advice and info. i'll report in on the first real hang i get to do with the new hh. thanks again, everyone.

UQ

Quote Originally Posted by irrationalsolutions View Post
    i havent been able to make finish my tarp yet. the sewing machine i was using was taken back and it will be a while before i can get it back from the owner. i am going to just buy one i think.

i happened to get the stuff together to make a uq. i have a hh expidition and was wondering how a uq would work with it. i dont understand how it works with the enterence hole.

can someone please explain this to me?
    Send your hammock to 2Q and have zipper installed, you will like it a whole lot more, went through the same thing making my UQ.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    +1 for the zipper... I like my HH far better as a top loader, with the 2Q/ZQ #2 Bugnet Zipper Mod.
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

• + New Posts