Hammock
    still looking!

My planned purchase

Not sure if anyone cares...

I decided two hammocks was best for my new apartment (next week), both because i want to try a Brazilian and a Mayan, and because i have a friend that stops by quite often for the night.

After reading and looking around a bit, i decided on Hammocks.com because their site is nicer than a few others, and the comments there are comforting. I didn't know what width to go with, so i just went for two-person. I'm guessing that's not to big and not too small.

The two i came up with are: Brazilian and Mayan

Thew former's color is ok, the latter i plan on natural. Because of the 10% off sale for orders $150 or above, i added in a set of two pillows and the total price went down. The 20x20 pillows are in grey or walnut for the $14.01 price, but i thought the taupe looked better even if it is only 14x16. Though for a dollar more the 34x18 in malt looks nice. It's just one pillow, and may be less maneuverable in the hammocks?

I just populated the cart. I haven't actually purchased anything yet. That's planned for later today after some (possible) comments on this, which i would love to see.

I still need hanging hardware for the two rooms (13' 1" x 8' 11" and 11' 8" x 11') from the studs. The hammocks overall length are 13' 9" and 14'. I want to be able to move the hammocks easily (especially in the guest room). I see hanging kits, i'm wondering if it's just cheaper to go to the hardware store.

Images
    Nice. I'd like to get a nice Brazilian for inside one day. Let us know how you like them if you get them.
    You don't need any fancy hanging kits, some eyebolts into the studs will work. Add a couple carabiners to clip them on and off are nice too. Maybe even a piece of cord to get a comfortable hang (adjustment), then unclip your carabiners to remove...

Hammock
    still looking!
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    Nice. I'd like to get a nice Brazilian for inside one day. Let us know how you like them if you get them.
    Sure thing.

You don't need any fancy hanging kits, some eyebolts into the studs will work. Add a couple carabiners to clip them on and off are nice too.
    Thanx for the idea. Any sizes in particular i'm looking for?

Maybe even a piece of cord to get a comfortable hang (adjustment), then unclip your carabiners to remove...
    What type of cord?

Sorry for the simple questions, i'm better with a keyboard and mouse than a hammer and screw.

Images
    Not really, just a decent sized pair, about a 1/2" thick would be more than enough. If it's stronger than the hammock, it'll hold you up.
    Any old cord would do that could hold your weight. I'm sure clipping the ends to the walls may not be perfect, so having a bit of adjust ability will go a long way. Also, a prusik knot could make thing even easier.
    Most of us when we're hiking, prefer to use constrictor lines. Small diameter hollow braided line like amsteel or dynaglide, spliced to give you quick and fast adjustments. Like a Chinese finger trap.
    Search whoopie slings and utility constrictor ropes for a whole world of information....

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    two sleeping bags
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chacham View Post
    Sure thing.

Thanx for the idea. Any sizes in particular i'm looking for?

What type of cord?

Sorry for the simple questions, i'm better with a keyboard and mouse than a hammer and screw.
    Been thinking of doing something similar for my room and getting rid of my full sized bed. My friends who work on houses tell me to hang the eye bolts from the rafters instead of studs in the walls.

If I have it from the rafters then how far should I have the eye bolts?

Images
    I hang from studs all of the time....

Hammock
    still looking!
    a prusik knot could make thing even easier.
    I just learned what a prusik know is, is for, and how to make one. Thanx.

But where does it help here? I mean if it attaches to the hook there's nowhere for it to go anyway. So, there must be another string. I think that's what i am missing.

Hammock
    still looking!
    I dreamt about the usefulness of the Prusik knot. Two strings, the second having thew knot to slide along the first one to add length.

On another note, i ordered the cart. If gave me a coupon code for (my) next order $100 or more: NU4MJTD

If anyone can benefit from it, please do.

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    New River & Owyhee
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by nookis View Post
    Been thinking of doing something similar for my room and getting rid of my full sized bed. My friends who work on houses tell me to hang the eye bolts from the rafters instead of studs in the walls.

If I have it from the rafters then how far should I have the eye bolts?
    I wouldn't use eye bolts personally most are load rated high enough I would hang from them. Eno makes a set or I have a thread and list everything you need to do it.

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    two sleeping bags
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images

Re: My planned purchase

I hang from studs all of the time....

The house I am renting is this cheaply made bungalow in Florida. So I am not sure I trust the construction. That and I weight a good 330

• + New Posts