Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
    When is the sale?
    i think October, but i could be wrong. i just keep checking and am on their mailing list.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I'm waiting for to sale myself in October. nothing wrong with a good HH, I just think a lot of people around here would rather spend that kind of money on something from our vendors.
    check out my youtube channel! Trip Reports and hammock talk. - Creekcrossings Youtube channel

My Blog - Creekcrossings blog

Also check out my Facebook page! - Creekcrossings Facebook page

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    HH do not get the respect they deserves... They are great hammocks... and you do not have to wait weeks or sometimes months to get them.

Several years ago the zipper models became available... These are every bit as comfortable as a blackbird and most other gathered end hammocks... Prior to that the bottom entries got bad press for covenience, often by the fans of then emerging zipper entry models...

Judging from the huge number of JRB Nest UQ which marry perfectly to the bottom entry HH that we sell every year, they are quite popular...Probably more so than any one cottage model, including our own BMBHs....This is reinforced by the similiarly large number of weekly calls and emails the start out asking to insulate a HH, that upon inquirey turn out to be zipper models.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Yeppers. Waiting on the Sale. Gonna see about another netless Exlporer for my Granddaughter. Your timing is just off.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    You also have to put in the ooh ooh factor. Same as cars. All of them get you there but some let you preen a bit more. Around here there are cadres of folks behind each of the cottage vendors who will vociferously point out the advantages of "their" brand. ASAP. The nature of the beast.

Then there is the bottom entry deal. You can't sell me a side zipper but I like the self closing hole... ;-)
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    I dont think HHs are beginner hammocks. Not sure why this title has been bestowed upon them. If I had to pick a beginner hammock, I would pick any of the ENOs.
    HH makes great hammocks at a fair price. I own 2 of them and they have done a great job so far. The only reason I am migrating away from my HHED is because I am DIYing my own hammock and tarp.

As for it not selling. I wouldn't expect too many people to be interested in paying close full price for a used hammock that has no pictures and very little description IMO. My reasoning may not be fair but its just how I see it. People like lots of detailed pictures and a good description. Being a donating member may help in people trusting to buy from you until your post count and join date mature a little. I hope you dont take offense from this post because it wasn't meant to be cynical or malevolent but just offer possible reasons for lack of interest and some helpful advice.
    Also, some items just take a week or more to sell...Your item has only been up there for a few days.

Hang in there, it will sell. If all else fails, reduce the price.

Hammock
    HH and Diy
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies 7/64
    I love my HH. Been using it for almost 2 years. Just now trying out a WBBB xlc to see if I like an 11 ft hammock more

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    AHE Quilts
    Images
    Late 2012 I finally decided that I was going to give hammocks a try. I joined this site, set out to research hammocks and vendors, and watched every hammock video I could find on Youtube.

There was a lot of information to sort through, but overall I found that nearly all hammock manufacturers had good reputations. Only one manufacturer I would class as beginner (and that is probably not really the case), and Henessy isnt that maker.

I did decide against buying a Hennessy early on because I didnt want a bottom entry or a gathered end hammock. Plus at that time, while I was certainly losing weight, I was at the top end of many of their weight limits.

And as for buying any used gear, I tend to feel that folks are way too proud of their gear. For me to consider a used item, its sale price is going to have to be quite a bit lower than the new retail price. Never mind what the market dictates, that $200 ABC used isnt enough of a deal compared to that $230 ABC new.
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -William Byrd

Hammock
    DH RoamingGnome
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    ALL HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    [QUOTE=XTrekker;1079796]My reasoning may not be fair but its just how I see it. People like lots of detailed pictures and a good description. Being a donating member may help in people trusting to buy from you until your post count and join date mature a little. I hope you dont take offense from this post because it wasn't meant to be cynical or malevolent but just offer possible reasons for lack of interest and some helpful advice. QUOTE]

No offense taken. That is exactly the kind of feed back I have been looking for. Never really thought of it that way. But just so everyone knows. I'm one hell of guy haha. I am always checking the forum out every hour and have sold a couple things already here with no problems. If anyone had an issue with anything I was selling I would do my best to make things right. I love this community. As for the donating member part you were saying, I was getting ready to then everything blew up with the moderators. Not that new moderators aren't doing a good job because it seems like they are, but I was just waiting to see how everything was going to shake out. Thanks again for the input.

Hammock
    DH RoamingGnome
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    ALL HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I also agree that it is BS that HH are beginner hammocks. They are real comfy. The only reason I am getting rid of it is bc this particular one is a bit small for me being 6'3" 220. Just can't get comfy in this particular one. But I have been HH for years and had no issues with them. They do get a bad rap and is really surprising that they are not part of this forum.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast