Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    I keep an allowance out of each of my paychecks that I use for gas, food, and toys. Everything else goes into the shared account for bills, groceries, and the like.

I still feel guilty if I purchase anything over $50, but then I remember the time I came home and found all new furniture in my Living room, and the time the kitchen table got six new hardwood chairs, and the new king sized bed that appeared out of no where, and all the shoes...oh God, the shoes.

For some reason I stop feeling guilty pretty quick then.
    Bahaha!! Oh yes... the shoes. Oddly in my house though, it's art supplies. Married a high school art teacher. She can drop $200-300 in an art supply store in a heartbeat, and she has... I usually remind her of that when I'm splurging on new gear purchases. :P
    Coffee?

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle

Re: $700 gone in a day...

Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    I keep an allowance out of each of my paychecks that I use for gas, food, and toys. Everything else goes into the shared account for bills, groceries, and the like.
    We do something similar. We put a certain amount each paycheck into a separate spending account for each of us so we have play money with no guilt. This has been great for us. I used to never spend any money on myself and would feel very guilty if I did. Now, when I want something, I can buy it and not feel guilty. Same for him.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    We have an "allowance" for us too, but it's not a significant amount of money. The money I spent on this most recent round of purchases came from a website I built on the side. I figured it was "extra" money that we didn't account for so why not But, since I'm a smart guy, I upgraded her phone for her to the new Galaxy S4. We didn't talk much about where the rest of the money went.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch hdwe
    Okay, I have to 'fess up. I am the one who tracks the packages and stashes the gear in the garage, or closet, or under the bed, bringing it out bit by bit. My new whoopie slings and Dutch gear just mysteriously appear to be on my gear the next time I hang it up.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have so much gear between, hiking, hammocking, fishing and hunting that as long as the wife doesn't see the package, she'd never know if I got something new. Once it goes into a bin in the garage, it's like Bigfoot...it's never getting discovered.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide &amp; Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky &amp; GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Hammocking can be like....Harbor Freight. My husband always goes in there when we go to Columbus. I used to sit in the truck while he'd spend $. Now I go in too, because there are things I need. Funny how all of sudden he doesn't need to always hit Harbor Freight when we go to Columbus, but I do.

I can honestly say I've never dropped $700 like that in any hobby, nor would I ever, but anything can be expensive if you let it.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Do you remember the feeling you had when you were a kid when your Dad caught you red handed doing something? When you had absolutely no way of escape, you were just hammered?

Apparently I left hammock forums up on the computer and my wife just sent me a picture of this thread...

Holy worst mistake EVER! I'll be allowed back on here sometime in 2017. Happy Trails and HYOH.

Hammock
    HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by g2outdoors View Post
    Do you remember the feeling you had when you were a kid when your Dad caught you red handed doing something? When you had absolutely no way of escape, you were just hammered?

Apparently I left hammock forums up on the computer and my wife just sent me a picture of this thread...

Holy worst mistake EVER! I'll be allowed back on here sometime in 2017. Happy Trails and HYOH.
    Now you gone ahead and done it!
    check out my youtube channel! Trip Reports and hammock talk. - Creekcrossings Youtube channel

My Blog - Creekcrossings blog

Also check out my Facebook page! - Creekcrossings Facebook page

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NR UQ, Kelty SB
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by g2outdoors View Post

It's all fun -n- games till someone...

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    New River &amp; Owyhee
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by lesspayne View Post
    It's all fun -n- games till someone...
    has to sleep outside?