Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings

New hammock disappointed.

Hey guys viper here!
    Well I just wana ask others to see if they ever have this problem also.

Ever had just one hammock you couldn't sleep in worth crap? But you sleep fine in plenty of others?
    My newest diy one I have been trying for about a week now can't sleep worth anything in it. But any of the others I have made I can just fine.(this new one is crinkeled taffeta Polly) others were ripstop nylon 1.9 or store bout.
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Yeah different materials and different weight affect the feel of a hammock for me. Luckily I can usually sleep in any hammock but some defintely take longer to feel comfortable in.

Is the new one made the same as the others? Tried different sags?
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DH Darien / WB RR
    Tarp
    DW Dyneema/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    EE RevX / HG Inc.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas / Mantis
    Images
    I never made a DIY, but I believe to know that taffeta has nearly no stretch compared to nylon. At least thats what Randy-Papasmurf told me when I got my Dangerbird with Taffeta. Maybe thats the reason.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Yes sir. Sometimes it's the fabric, sometimes it something as simple as sag, ridgeline length, etc. Arrived home from Maine yesterday after spending 2 months hanging in my ripstop nylon hiker. The hommack is a very soft sport nylon and when I walked into the bedroom the hang in the stand looked wrong. Maybe my granddaughter or daughter had tried the hommack during my absence and changed the hang. So I raised the head end. Actually it was just as I had left it and I had to get up after an hour or so and put the hang back where it was. No more than a 2" adjustment. The rest of the night was pure heaven.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    For me, I've noticed that nylon-based hammocks stretch and make "pockets" for my body more so than polyester-based hammocks. Polyester provides a firmer bed than the nylon and I think that personal preference will dictate which you like better, all other factors (dimensions, sag, etc.) being equal.

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I made a couple of the tablecloth (crinkeled taffeta) hammock just for fun and after using nothing but ripstop nylon pryer I didn't care for the tablecloth fabric. I felt squeezed in the crinkeled taffeta and uncomfortable.

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    Interesting thread, I know when I sew fitted garments, you can build them the same, however the finish garment will fit differently depending on the fabric used. So it makes perfect sense that the fibres used in the fabric would make a difference in how it hangs. Then you factor in all the other things that go into making a hammock, I can see where you might end up with one you do not care for.

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Yeah different materials and different weight affect the feel of a hammock for me. Luckily I can usually sleep in any hammock but some defintely take longer to feel comfortable in.

Is the new one made the same as the others? Tried different sags?
    Same length and everything give or take one or three inches dew to hard to cut exact in my living room lol it's only more wide but the width I don't even use just for the looks. And yah same size ridge line as my others also
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by krshome View Post
    I made a couple of the tablecloth (crinkeled taffeta) hammock just for fun and after using nothing but ripstop nylon pryer I didn't care for the tablecloth fabric. I felt squeezed in the crinkeled taffeta and uncomfortable.
    Yah that's how I'm feeling..
    Paragon Fury

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Weird see I thought I would like Polly dew to the little stretch if any. But apparently my body does like some stretch in a hammock I guess. Well ill try some 30d ripstop nylon. I have never tried 30d only 70d.
    Paragon Fury

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast