Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings

Looking into trying out webbing suspension, help :)

Hey guys viper here!
    Well after doing some thinking about suspension my amsteel always gets really tangled up every time I go to take it out again. So thought maybe webbing wouldn't be quite as bad and also want the experience.
    ATM I have two descender rings from arrowhead equipment and they are just really big primeder which isn't a massage deal but would I be able to find some descender rings that were just smaller but strong? Does that make since? And either ring I use 1inch Polly strapping will work right? And any links for smaller rings that would work for me? thanks guys!!!
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    SMC Descender Rings are smaller in diameter than what AHE carries.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

Exclamation

Forget all that, go to readystrap.com and order a pair of lock n loads and a set of straps, and your done,you can have him put a loop on one end to pass thru around the tree and the other end goes thru the cinch buckle,you can use a carabiner to clip it to your hammock or make yourself a continuos loop on the end of the lock n load.
    Go to the website and check it out,you can give the owner Gary a call and he will be more than willing to help you,nobody beats his prices or cutomer service,look at his revieves on here- OUTSTANDING-
    readystrap.com
    if you really just want smaller rings smc rings are $2.75 on whoopieslings.com and are very light

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Eno ProFly
    Insulation
    Klymit Static V
    Suspension
    Custom Readystrap
    Quote Originally Posted by Saedy View Post
    Forget all that, go to readystrap.com and order a pair of lock n loads and a set of straps, and your done,you can have him put a loop on one end to pass thru around the tree and the other end goes thru the cinch buckle,you can use a carabiner to clip it to your hammock or make yourself a continuos loop on the end of the lock n load.
    Go to the website and check it out,you can give the owner Gary a call and he will be more than willing to help you,nobody beats his prices or cutomer service,look at his revieves on here- OUTSTANDING-
    readystrap.com
    if you really just want smaller rings smc rings are $2.75 on whoopieslings.com and are very light
    Example of what Saedy is talking about. The orange straps are overkill strength and length at 20' and 6600 pound breaking, I just really wanted orange and the ability to hang from some of the GIANT trees we have here in the PNW. Also is an example of the 8" lock and loads in matching orange. On the left is 15' black tree straps with 6" lock and loads. The cinch buckles are really nice and very strong, while being very very light. Gary will make you a set in whatever color you want. He's a cool dude. Highly recommended.

I have the adjustable webbing suspension from Warbonnet on my ENO DN. I love it! super fast and easy set up. really easy to adjust. In fact, I just bought another set up to have on hand for the DIY hammock I am about to tackle.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by MaliciousOne View Post
    ...The orange straps are overkill strength and length at 20' and 6600 pound breaking,...
    Have you tried using that heavy webbing with the cinch buckles yet? I tried mine with 4500 lbs webbing and it is too thick and stiff. It makes adjustment very difficult. That style of cinch buckle does work very well with 1500 lbs webbing and I'm guessing at least up to 2500 lbs.

I definitely agree on using cinch buckles instead of doubled descender rings with webbing. Readystrap and Dutchware both carry them, but I prefer the one from dutch with the amsteel loops for a direct larks head connection to the hammock.

Viper...I'm wondering why you're having a problem with amsteel tangling. I always start at the foot end of a hammock and stuff the amsteel whoopie sling in a stuff sack, followed by the hammock with SRL and the head end whoopie sling. Hanging it back up is just the reverse...hook the head end whoopie over the MSH, drag the hammock out of the sack and hook the foot end whoopie to the MSH. I've never had it tangle at all.

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Eno ProFly
    Insulation
    Klymit Static V
    Suspension
    Custom Readystrap
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Have you tried using that heavy webbing with the cinch buckles yet? I tried mine with 4500 lbs webbing and it is too thick and stiff. It makes adjustment very difficult. That style of cinch buckle does work very well with 1500 lbs webbing and I'm guessing at least up to 2500 lbs.
    Yeah I did a test hang with it the other day. Thicker and more stiff than lower rated webbing, however I found the amount of effort required to make the adjustment acceptable. Perhaps this webbing is less stiff than what you used.
    Last edited by MaliciousOne; 08-29-2013 at 14:18. Reason: fixed quote

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings

I definitely agree on using cinch buckles instead of doubled descender rings with webbing. Readystrap and Dutchware both carry them, but I prefer the one from dutch with the amsteel loops for a direct larks head connection to the hammock.

Viper...I'm wondering why you're having a problem with amsteel tangling. I always start at the foot end of a hammock and stuff the amsteel whoopie sling in a stuff sack, followed by the hammock with SRL and the head end whoopie sling. Hanging it back up is just the reverse...hook the head end whoopie over the MSH, drag the hammock out of the sack and hook the foot end whoopie to the MSH. I've never had it tangle at all.
    Does this Dutch cinch buckle thing act as a drip ring? Why does everyone prefer these? Over rings? And will these work with 1inch 1500lbs Polly strapping?
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Does this Dutch cinch buckle thing act as a drip ring? Why does everyone prefer these? Over rings? And will these work with 1inch 1500lbs Polly strapping?
    Yes, it should act as a drip ring along with the excess webbing hanging down.

I'm sure there are some that may prefer the rings. After I fell-down-went-boom because I didn't tie a backup half hitch behind the rings, I switched to the cinch buckles and haven't looked back. No back up knot needed.

They are made for 1" webbing and many of us use the various 1500 lbs polyester versions.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Yes, it should act as a drip ring along with the excess webbing hanging down.

I'm sure there are some that may prefer the rings. After I fell-down-went-boom because I didn't tie a backup half hitch behind the rings, I switched to the cinch buckles and haven't looked back. No back up knot needed.

They are made for 1" webbing and many of us use the various 1500 lbs polyester versions.
    Alrighty ill give those a try then! and I just use a amsteel contentious loop like lark headed onto the cinch buckle right?
    Paragon Fury

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast