DIY! Hot pink
    Tarp
    DIY! hex tarp
    Insulation
    Heet seeker
    Suspension
    Woopie slings

Best place to get a underquilt??

I am looking for an under quilt online and I haven't have the best luck finding any that I really like. I am on a budget and I am currently in the process for saving for it now. Any ideas on where to look for these at???

Hammock
    eno dbl wbbb 1.7 dbl,dangerbird72
    Tarp
    ugq wd 12
    Insulation
    kaq/ugq tq uq
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    Arrowhead equipment has some cost effective ones. My favorite is underground quilts.

Hammock
    DHTBird,WBBB.draumrxl
    Tarp
    Camo Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie *snicker*
    If you are really on a tight budget, some folks have made them out of sleeping bags. Search the threads and you will find some ideas. Down is going to be expensive no matter where you look.
    If it moves, you can eat it. No promises you will think it tastes good.

Hammock
    The Quagmire/misc DIY/Eno DN
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    Hg system(eventual
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/UCR's
    Images
    As with most things on this site, you will get many differing opinions, and, indeed, it is truly all personal preference. Your best bet would be to decide what you want in a quilt (temp rating, down, synthetic, full, 3/4, etc) and see what each manufacturer has to offer. Do the research and find what's right for you, because what someone else loves may not be your cup-o-tea. Personally, after doing extensive research, I have decided that when I save up enough money I will get my quilts from Hammock Gear. But all of the other manufacturers are still worth checking out.
    I may be dumb, but at least I'm ugly!

I've done so much, with so little, for so long, now I can do anything with nothing.

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

Images
    You will get heaps of suggestions none of which will be wrong.

Tim at Enlightened Equipment has given me the best service of any out there, and he has synthetic or down.

Mac at Molly Mac Gear also has the Baby Orca's which I have and am very happy with.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/ UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    YMMV...
    Take all the advice for what it is... what you need to do is shop around. Here is the cool part...
    The folks that make and sell all of this stuff hang out here (pardon the pun) on the forums.
    If you have questions... ask them.
    Check out the products online and see what you like.
    OK... more free advice...
    GO SEE THE UQ/TQ's on hammocks... get out to a local hang and check out the gear.
    That is how I came about my choices on the Under quilt. I ended up ordering a Hammock Gear UQ. The top quilt on the other hand I ordered from Underground Quilts... why? I won part a gift certificate for Underground Quilts at a Local HF hang. Made that choice easy.
    Bottom line...
    They all seem great. All of the folks I have talked with while checking out the gear are great. Adam at Hammockgear is a fantastic guy.. we talked on the phone for a half hour before we even got to talking about the UQ.
    Cottage Industry folks seem to be wonderful people and want to help.
    Again... YMMV.. and you need to see what works for you on the hammock and in the pocket book... do people even use pocket books anymore?
    Good luck... have fun with it.
    Jerry
    "I too have kept the Vigil"
    “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”
    ― John Wayne
    www.thescoutmasterminute.net
    http://www.youtube.com/user/scoutmasterjerry

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    Group hangs are a great way to see different equipment firsthand. Get to a few if you can. As far as the cottage gear makers on HF, you're not going to find one that makes a bad product. You say you can't find one you like. What is it you're looking for?

I see you've DIYed some gear already. Poncho Liner UQs (PLUQs) are easy to make and inexpensive. It'd be a way to get by until you decide what UQ you want. An insultex UQ is another option http://www.backwoodsdaydreamer.com/d...ex-underquilt/

For a down UQ you could try Lost Biker's nearly finished quilts http://underquilts.com/

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The best place for you will be the one that meets your requirements. Arrowhead equipment is probably the cheapest available that I know of, and there is nothing wrong with any of the cottage vendors here, or else I doubt they'd still be here. I choose to buy my gear from hammock gear. Why you might ask? Because on my first purchase with them I was treated to a level of customer service that is extremely hard to find. In that one sale, from their actions, they gained a customer for life. I've looked other places, and seen plenty of fine quality craftsmanship at every turn here, but I'm over all too satisfied with hammock gear to let myself try someone new.

• + New Posts