Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

Mini-mods on WBBB?

I got my new WBBB a few weeks ago. There's a few minor things that I haven't read about before, but seem to require minor "fixes" for me. Not problems, not design errors -- just things I'd like to do a little differently. Hoping folks out there have addressed these already and can offer suggestions.

First, the small piece of fabric inside that's designed to tie up the bug net when not in use (see photo below). I'm not a fan of this tickling my leg while I'm in the hammock with the net deployed, even when I've got the tie-outs set on that side. At the same time, of course, it's great to have for when I want the net out of the way, so I don't want to get rid of it. Anyone have suggestions for how to keep it away from your body?

IMG_20130827_120027.jpg

OK, next up -- the tie outs. I'm not a fan of the way the cord goes through the cord lock twice (see photo below). It seems harder to tighten up than it should be, especially if you want to make substantial adjustments while inside the hammock. Has anyone set this up differently?

IMG_20130827_120050.jpg

Thanks for any help in perfecting my system.

drchip

Hammock
    eno dbl wbbb 1.7 dbl,dangerbird72
    Tarp
    ugq wd 12
    Insulation
    kaq/ugq tq uq
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    They make cord locks with two holes

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drchip View Post
    I got my new WBBB a few weeks ago. There's a few minor things that I haven't read about before, but seem to require minor "fixes" for me. Not problems, not design errors -- just things I'd like to do a little differently. Hoping folks out there have addressed these already and can offer suggestions.

First, the small piece of fabric inside that's designed to tie up the bug net when not in use (see photo below). I'm not a fan of this tickling my leg while I'm in the hammock with the net deployed, even when I've got the tie-outs set on that side. At the same time, of course, it's great to have for when I want the net out of the way, so I don't want to get rid of it. Anyone have suggestions for how to keep it away from your body?

IMG_20130827_120027.jpg

OK, next up -- the tie outs. I'm not a fan of the way the cord goes through the cord lock twice (see photo below). It seems harder to tighten up than it should be, especially if you want to make substantial adjustments while inside the hammock. Has anyone set this up differently?

IMG_20130827_120050.jpg

Thanks for any help in perfecting my system.

drchip
    I took the stock pull out stuff off. I use Prusik made of 3/16 shock cord on the tabs on the door side (took off the piece of cord that creates a triangle) and then just use a piece of light cord with a mitten hook on it to hook to the shock cord. On the shelf side, I shortened the triangle cord a bit, put a prusik of shock cord on and then hook into it with light cord and mitten hook. This makes the pull outs less of a hassle and lightens them up too.

Images
    Never noticed the tie out before.....don't care for the stock cord look arrangement either, took the cord lock off, just use a loop in the end never really needed to adjust this.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings

Mini-mods on WBBB?

If you tighten the cord lock right up to the ring it is easier to adjust in my opinion.

If you are looking for a workaround you can string the shock cord singly through the cord lock then through the metal ring then to the stake. The cord lock will act as a stopper at the ring and negate the need to go through the cord lock twice.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings
    The ribbon hanging on your leg can be rolled up and held in place with rubber band. (Think braces or small hair rubber bands.)

I had to make adjustments to the tie outs too.
    1) Shortened up the black line that is attached to the hammock.
    2) Used smaller shock cord and line locks.
    3) Replaced the ring with a mitten hook.
    4) Tied a loop in one end of the shock cord.
    I attach the loop to the stake or top of the trekking pole in porch mode. The mitten hook is attached to the line on the hammock. The line lock is bigger than the loop on the mitten hook so it doesn't slip through and is an easy point of adjustment. This also makes it easier to remove when I want. When it is time to pack up, I hang them from my ridgeline.
    "I'm a connoisseur of BACON." - Anyways - 6/9/13

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    Tie the shockcord to the hammock ring. Pass the cord through the cordlock, then back through again leaving a loop toward the stake. Tie a double surgeons knot into the tag end of the shock cord. That knot should stay pressed to the cord lock nit must be large enough not to pull back down through. Use this arrangement to adjust the shock cord. Done!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    A couple of Prusik's on the ridge line for hanging stuff from and or keeping an organizer bag in place

Zipper pulls on the zippers with different colored ends to make it easier to ID which is the front and rear.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Mini-mods on WBBB?

I got rid of the metal zipper pulls and put on reflective Kelty Triptease line. No more clanky zipper pulls and more "stealth".

• + New Posts